Process Safety Coordinator (PSM)
The PSM Coordinator is directly responsible for managing several key components of the system that is used to comply with the Process Safety Management, EPA’s Risk Management Plan, and the RC14001 Process Safety Code. This position reports to the Engineering Manager.
The PSM Coordinator directly manages and maintains all aspects of the following elements of the PSM Standard:
- Process Safety Information
- Process Hazard Analysis
- Management of Change
- Pre-Startup Safety Review
- Mechanical Integrity
- Contractor Management
- Compliance Audits
The PSM Coordinator supports compliance activities for the following elements of the PSM Standard:
- Employee Participation
- Operating Procedures
- Hot Work Permit
- Incident Investigation
- Emergency Planning and Response
- Trade Secrets
Duties and Activities Required by Job (In Order of Importance-80%
Manage and Support ADC’s ongoing compliance with Process Safety Management and EPA Risk Management Plan standards.
Process Safety Information
- Maintain and update all PSI documentation for PSM and RMP covered processes
Process Hazard Analysis
- Serve as PHA Team Leader for new, revalidation, and decommissioning PHA’s.
- Conduct PHA revalidations
- Assemble the PHA Teams and assign tasks to compile and review Process Safety Information for each PHA.
- Manage all PHA recommendations and track them to completion
- Compile the final PHA reports and statistics
Management of Change
- MOC pre-approval: review for complete documentation and list of approvers chosen.
- MOC closure approval: review and audit closure documentation prior to closure.
- Track MOC status and follow up with MOC Initiators to ensure timely closure.
- Work with a third-party programmer to update and improve the Lotus Notes database used to manage electronic MOC documentation.
Pre-Startup Safety Review
- Maintain PSSR policies and procedures.
- Ensure PSSRs are properly conducted and included with MOC documentation.
- Work with inspection contractors to ensure they have the proper training and qualifications to perform required equipment inspections
- Estimate annual budget requirements for inspection services
- Schedule inspections
- Coordinate inspection activities with Operations and Maintenance
- Maintain MI inspectors’ training and certification documents
- Develop inspection plans based on requirements in API 510 and API 570
- Ensure inspections and tests are completed on covered equipment according to inspection and test plans and established schedules.
- Review inspection reports and recommendations
- Develop corrective actions as required.
- Ensure the preventative maintenance deficiencies are identified and reported to Operations and Maintenance management.
- Maintain contract employee safety training files
- Maintain Contract Employer insurance certificates
- Maintain contractor safety program information
- Audit Contract Employer safety programs to ensure compliance with ADC and PSM requirements
- Conduct Contractor Safety Orientation training for contract employees.
- Train ADC personnel to conduct Contractor Safety Orientation training.
- Schedule third-party PSM system audits to maintain a 3-year completion cycle
- Track audit recommendation follow-up.
- Manage all PSM system audit recommendations and track them to completion
- Compile and report PSM system performance metrics to Safety, Engineering, and Operations Management.
Other assignments as directed by supervisor-20%
****Must be a US Citizen or have a Green Card
· Bachelor’s Degree in a science or technical field, ideally Mechanical Engineering
· Alternatively, B.S. or B.A. in unrelated field and 3-5 years direct experience managing and maintaining PSM compliance systems in including Mechanical Integrity management systems
· Detailed understanding of 29 CFR 1910.119 – OSHA Process Safety Management of Highly Hazardous Chemicals
· Minimum 2 years developing and maintaining PSM compliance systems
· Detailed understanding of API 510, API 570, API 650, and STI inspection standards
· Experience using and configuring mechanical integrity management software to track inspection schedules, manage report findings, manage inspection recommendation findings
· Experience using and configuring Process Hazard Analysis management software to document PHAs and what-if studies.
· Experience using MS Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Ability to network with other PSM system managers / coordinators to benchmark ADC’s compliance systems against industry standards to generate and implement improvements.
· Ability to identify damage mechanisms that affect process piping and equipment in various process service at ADC.
· Certified PHA Leader
· Basic understanding of the chemical process unit operations and typical damage mechanisms associated with them.
· Ability to develop and deliver training covering all aspects of the PSM standard
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields