Process Improvement Specialist
The Process Improvement Specialist will earn a Black Belt to work in partnership with leadership and employees at our papermill. This individual will lead the Performance Excellence program focusing on continuous improvement utilizing Lean-Six Sigma Tools and Methodology.
The position will require working effectively across all levels of the organization to translate sustainable process improvements into financial results. The Process Improvement Specialist will coach and support part-time Belts on projects, and coordinate leadership efforts to enhance the Mill’s Daily Management System.
HOW YOU IMPACT:
- Work with mill leadership in the identification and alignment of mill productivity priorities, business needs, and project opportunities.
- Lead multidisciplinary teams in process and systems improvement projects that result in significant financial impact.
- Coach and mentor multiple Yellow, Green and Black Belts.
- Identify Lean-Six Sigma training candidates and support local and corporate training programs.
- Work effectively with operations to translate process improvement findings into production specifications and standard work.
- Maintain project documentation within the project and daily management systems.
- Support Regional or Divisional initiatives.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- BS/BA; Technical Degree Preferred
- Minimum 3 years of relevant industry experience with progressive growth in leadership and business.
- Demonstrated ability to execute complex projects in fast paced and dynamic environments using and teaching Lean-Six Sigma Tools and Methodology.
- Capability to coach, teach, and mentor technical and non-technical knowledge to hourly and salaried employees to drive business results.
- Strong financial acumen to create models used to support project selection and determine net project value to the P&L.
- Driven with a sense of urgency to achieve results.
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills from the shop floor to executive level.
- Skilled decision maker and systematic problem solver.
- Ability to positively influence, persuade and build teams.
- Up to 25% travel.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields