Process Improvement Leader
Provide guidance on operating parameters and process optimization as well as oversight for technical related functions for the Mill. Provides guidance for quality standards, paperboard specifications, cost management, customer complaints and technical service to customers. Has oversight for product stewardship including RPTA, FSC, and FDA certifications for the mill. Also provides engineering expertise for process ideas, conceptual studies, feasibility analysis, process design, start-up, system optimization, and troubleshooting.
How you will impact:FF
· Provide leadership and ownership of the mill’s productivity agenda to improve the efficiency and cost of operations; work closely with mill leadership to execute mill productivity savings initiatives, enlisting resources from vendors and mill forces as required. Develop and track cost initiatives to ensure project objectives are met.
· Responsible for Customer Relations development and complaint follow-up
· Provide leadership at local level to ensure compliance with all applicable product stewardship guidelines and provide oversight for RPTA, FSC, and FDA certifications for the mill
· Serve as back-up for Customer Service Manager to schedule the paper machine, take customer orders, and order outbound freight trucks
· Provide oversight for quality standards and paperboard specifications. Develop and implement quality programs including statistical process control through managing all testing labs.
· Assist Operating departments by applying engineering approach to problem solving and troubleshooting.
· Monitor key process variables; collect and analyze data and use it for process optimization
· Responsible for the ongoing development of Pi at the Eaton Mill
· Maintain equipment records as needed for process improvement; develop equipment specifications and installation requirements and ensure that equipment is safe
· Assist with capital projects
What you need to succeed
· Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Pulp, Paper Science
· 5+ years’ industry experience a plus
· Must have drive to progress into operations management positions and excellent work ethic
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills essential.
· Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Able to effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
· Excellent planning, organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
· Need to possess a strong attention to detail and maintain accurate, timely results
· Proficient computer skills (including MS Office,). Pi and JD Edwards experience is a plus.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields