Exceptional Opportunity for a Process Engineer to join a $4B diversified global manufacturing company with 18,000 employees producing materials for a variety of industries. This is an employee-owned ESOP company that supplies multiple industries. This division is the largest graphite producer in the US and is well-positioned for the Electric Vehicle battery markets! This is a key position with growth opportunities in this global manufacturing company located in the beautiful, family-friendly Morgantown/Clarksburg, WV area.
We want a Process Engineer who:
- Optimizes industrial processes and machinery as well as process reviews to target areas for improvement.
- Will lead and grow a culture of Continuous Improvement and Change Management with all activities in the plant.
- Serves as the Subject Matter Expert on Continuous Improvement.
- Responsible for process improvement
- Planning and execution of special projects
- Conduct prerelease design studies and process reviews to ensure efficient manufacturing methods are implemented
- Design of manufacturing layouts
- Coordinate assigned manufacturing projects (CNC machining, formula mixing, extrusion, heat treat, etc.) regarding concept, designs, quotations, project and resource planning, process documentation, implementation, and employee training
- Act as liaison between manufacturing, quality, sales and customer service
- Participate in process improvement, cost reduction, and capital expenditure projects
- Utilize and implement lean techniques such as 5S, Six Sigma, 8D, etc.
- Conduct PFMEA’s
- Walks plant floor addressing issues and working with operators to improve efficiency
- Offering maintenance downtime support
- Account for scrapped parts and product/parts in quality hold
- Address safety aspects of the line and where process improvements can improve safety
- Make necessary drawings and measurements.
- Create work instructions
- Provide engineering/technical support to day-to-day plant operations and maintenance
- Responsible for leading daily mini-Kaizen events for OEE improvements and longer detailed Kaizen or Process improvement events
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial or Systems engineering
- 2-5 years experience as a process engineer in a manufacturing operation such as chemicals, automotive, materials, pulp/paper, food/beverage or pharma manufacturing facility
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment
- Understanding of process capability analysis
- Proficiency with statistics (using JMP or Minitab), SPC, NIR
- Experience in the optimization of processes, including the establishment of process KPIs
- Skilled in improving manufacturing processes and increasing productivity and throughput
- Ability to work collaboratively across organizational boundaries to achieve company results.
- Able to identify solutions to general problems through collaboration and creativity
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
- Professional Training, Certifications are a plus
- Advanced Education is a plus.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields