Process Control Engineer
This person will be supporting plant controls for this 100-person, PSM-regulated chemical manufacturing plant. This company has been slowly transitioning all of their units from PLC controls to a state-of-the-art DeltaV DCS and this person will be integrally involved in the continuation of that effort. This person will also work with one other process control engineer on-site in the overall support, maintenance, and troubleshooting of existing controls and instrumentation. This role will serve as the site administrator for the OSISoft – PI plant historian software. Additional responsibilities include working with and training operators on control systems, and participating in PHAs (process hazard analysis).
About the area:
In the humble opinion of this writer, this is one of the best places to live in Illinois. It’s located about 90 minutes’ drive from Chicago giving you access to a major city and International Airport, but its far enough outside of the city where the cost of living is substantially less and where the feel is more small town. One of Illinois’ most treasured State Parks is nearby (Starved Rock) and the nearby towns of Peru and Ottawa (population ~ 30,000 total) are perched right alongside the Illinois River.
- B.S. degree in Chemical Engineering or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Looking for a minimum of 2+ years of in-plant, process control experience, out of a manufacturing setting – chemical manufacturing would be ideal, but not required
- Previous DCS experience is preferred, but will also consider candidates with PLC backgrounds
- Specific knowledge of batch process control is preferred
- Big plus for experience with Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
- Should have previously worked with data historians and visualization tools
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields