Principal Systems Administrator – Secret Clearance
$124,765 - $124,765 / yr
Systems Administrator – Principal I – ESA05 – Full Performance
Our Client is seeking to Enhance Cloud engineering practice by automating manual business and IT processes in Amazon Web Services (AWS) with common Infrastructure as Code services such as CloudFormation, CodePipeline, SSM Automation Documents, Config Rules. As a part of a Systems Team, the Systems Administrator provides a wide variety of systems administration functions, with emphasis on building, maintaining, and refining a full stack, centralized DevOps CICD pipeline.
The role is responsible for supporting the DevOps platform on AWS Government Cloud which includes the incorporation of native cloud techniques and features (high availability, scalability, self-healing, etc.).
• Provides ongoing systems administration, technical support, upgrades, and troubleshooting services.
• Provide full coverage for Linux or Unix system administration functions to support the DevOps tool sets.
• Install, configure, support, and maintain middleware (e.g., JBoss, Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, etc.) to support the DevOps tool sets.
• Works closely with application and product teams in understanding their specific automation requirements and implement with them an optimal CICD pipeline.
• Identify engineering defects in the existing code base and constantly improve the code quality.
• Actively support operational teams and other stakeholder teams to maintain business continuation and maintain customer satisfaction.
• Maintain configuration and support documentation.
• Manage assigned project components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
• Develop, through programming and scripting, automation to further expand and refine the DevOps tool sets.
• Work closely with the software development teams in defining their DevOps CICD pipeline and processes and implement and configure the DevOps tools with them.
• Incorporate AWS native cloud services and features to enhance the performance and resilience of the DevOps tools and infrastructure.
• Contribute and collaborate to design, document, and publish DevOps and cloud standards, principles, guidelines and best practices.
• Seek opportunities to increase the business value of the DevOps tool chain through research and investigation, application team input, automation options, POCs, etc.
• Proactively stays abreast of new AWS offerings and services Transform development processes for existing applications into a continuous integration, continuous delivery driven software development lifecycle Required Skills Experience with AWS services to support native cloud support of DevOps tools Operational Support and DevOps technologies
• Must be a US Citizen
• Must have an active Secret clearance and be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
• Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
• Eight (8) or more years of system administration experience required.
• Experience building CI/CD pipeline configurations to orchestrate provisioning and deployment of both large and small scale systems.
• Experience designing and building container images via Dockerfiles or other automated means
• Proven experience in Serverless Architecture, Containers orchestration tools like OpenShift, EKS, Docker Swarm, ECS, Kubernetes
• Develop and integrate highly complex DevOps pipelines, including build automation, CICD, Infrastructure as Code, security, monitoring, logging, and alerting Experience in provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of version control systems (Git), build tools and continuous integration tools (CloudBees, Jenkins)
• Proficient with application build and release processes and DevOps
• Experience with Linux environments
• Experience with AWS
• AWS Certification is preferred.
• Experience with one or more of the following automated configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
• Experience with SQL and NoSQL database management systems
• Experience with Argo CD
• Knowledge of STIX, TAXII specifications
Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field. (Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.)
• DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II
• Relevant certifications desired (Red Hat, Microsoft, Oracle, Solaris, UNIX, etc.).
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields