Principal Scientist, Peptide Bio-organic Chemistry
San Diego, CA
$1 - $2 / yr
Principal Scientist, Peptide / Bio-organic Chemistry
This BioPharma is a biopharmaceutical company with a simple purpose: to relieve suffering for people with great needs, but few options. We are dedicated to discovering and developing life-changing treatments for patients with under-addressed neurological, endocrine and psychiatric disorders. The company’s diverse portfolio includes FDA-approved treatments for tardive dyskinesia, Parkinson’s disease, endometriosis* and uterine fibroids*, as well as clinical programs in multiple therapeutic areas. For three decades, we have applied our unique insight into neuroscience and the interconnections between brain and body systems to treat complex conditions. We relentlessly pursue medicines to ease the burden of debilitating diseases and disorders, because you deserve brave science.
Seeking a highly motivated and talented peptide chemistry leader to join our new discovery peptide research group. The successful candidate will work on the design, synthesis and characterization of novel peptides and peptide conjugates to discover next-generation peptide-based therapeutics. Your expert synthetic knowledge and proven design and synthetic accomplishments will enable you to have significant impact on Company’s projects. This is an exciting opportunity to grow your career and help discover peptide therapeutics of the future.
- Lead projects and teams towards agreed upon goals, ultimately working towards clinical candidate peptide nomination
- Design, synthesize and characterize peptides, small proteins and chemically-modified analogs using state-of-the-art synthesis, bioconjugation, purification, analytical and biophysical techniques
- Independent data-driven optimization of peptide SAR
- Effective communication of scientific rationale, results and interpretation at project, team and departmental meetings, contributing to strategic discussions.
- Active collaboration and sharing of expertise with colleagues
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields