Principal Research & Development Systems Engineer
$140,000 - $170,000 / yr
WASHINGTON, D.C. / Los Angeles, CA
This well-established company is seeking a full time Principal R&D Systems Engineer to participate in the development of radios and advanced research projects.
- System performance and requirement specification.
- System architecture definition.
- Algorithm and protocol design for wireless communications systems.
- Simulation model development for NS2 and MATLAB simulators.
- Handoff to and work with the hardware and software teams for system implementation and testing.
- Work with the hardware and the software team to characterize and troubleshoot system performance issues.
- MSEE with a focus on communications (PhD a plus)
- Experience in the design and development of wireless media access control (MAC) protocols
- Experience in the design and development of wireless link adaptation protocols
- Fluent in C/C++ and/or MATLAB
- Must possess a working knowledge of RF signal propagation, channel modeling, and digital communication technologies
- Knowledge of wireless ad-hoc networking and routing algorithms a plus
- Experience with wireless communication hardware a definite plus
- Knowledge of signal processing algorithms a definite plus
- Knowledge of MIMO systems a definite plus
- Must be a U.S. Person (permanent resident or citizen) due to clients under U.S. government contracts
- Ability to pass background check
There are opportunities available for this role in both Los Angeles, CA, and Washington D.C.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields