Principal Gas Fermentation Engineer needed for Pleasanton, CA!
Principal Gas Fermentation Engineer
Bioprocess & DSP · Pleasanton, California
Imagine a meat company unlike anything that has come before! We are on a mission to impact climate change by revolutionizing how we make meat. Founded in 2019, we make protein from elements of the air.
We are a modern food company, crafting the world’s first air-based meats to feed us more sustainably, help renew the planet’s resources and eliminate compromise between nutrition, taste and climate impact. Using novel technology inspired by NASA, we convert elements found in the air around us into protein using probiotic cultures, then turn those proteins into any meat imaginable. Its where cutting-edge science meets bold ambition to reinvent the way we eat.
Join our team of passionate scientists, engineers, and business leaders working to transform the future of food with solutions we never thought possible, creating meat that is nutritious, delicious and more sustainable. We use less land, less water and is significantly faster to make than any other meat available.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Principal Gas Fermentation Engineer is experienced with gas fermentation. They are responsible for the safe design and operation of gas bioprocesses in the company. This role would play a significant part in optimizing gas utilization in gas bioprocesses.
This role is actively responsible to:
- Serve as a gas fermentation or gas bioprocessing subject matter expert (SME) and provide technical and engineering support in the design and operation of gas fermentation and bioreactor systems involving the use of hydrogen, carbon dioxide, and oxygen/air
- Manage research and development programs or design and construction projects involving gas fermentation.
- Manage and direct multidisciplinary technical teams with lead-by-example and team centered approach.
- Understand and execute on the design, installation, commissioning, troubleshooting and start-up of gas bioprocessing lines.
- Apply engineering principles, research theories, and models to design and plan experiments and research activities.
- Set research goals and track key performance indicators during R&D efforts.
- Develop, write, and review technical documentation including reports, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and engineering design packages.
- Establish short and long-term research and business strategies in coordination with management team.
- Communicate findings to internal project teams, management, and external stakeholders.
- Prepare and give presentations to internal teams, clients, and potential investors.
- Lead project meetings to coordinate efforts and communicate effectively for successful project execution.
- Reviewing literature and journal articles to inform program efforts.
- Chemical engineering or mechanical engineering degree
- 10-15+ years of experience in gas fermentation.
- Understand high gas transfer reactor systems and industrial utilization of hydrogen, particularly processes using hydrogen as a reactant.
- Expertise with managing and safely using hazardous gases and/or high-pressure systems involving hydrogen, methane, ethylene, or other flammable gases and ensuring that other employees are following safe operating procedures.
- Experience in design and simulation of gas transfer in chemical systems and/or bioreactors.
- Solid skills in project planning, defining program and task objectives, experimental design, resource allocation, scheduling, budgeting, and tracking.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to act proactively to create exceptional experiences for internal and external audiences
- Superlative communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate with tangible and lasting shaping of core values and standards
- Professional experience in roles requiring both independent creativity and collaboration with multiple stakeholders
- Able to recognize when optimization, correction, or custom changes are necessary – ability to troubleshoot and manage operations
- Possess a customer first mentality with all stakeholders.
- Demonstrate strong business and financial acumen with an understanding of the implications of new technology development processes.
- Understand the use of technology as a competitive differentiator.
ABOUT OUR PURPOSE
Why we exist: To accelerate the world’s transition to climate and rainforest-friendly meat
What we do: We make nutritious meat using the most sustainable protein on the planet
- Protect people & the planet
- Play as a team and have a growth mindset
- Do what you say you will do
- Be the change you seek
- Create a culture of belonging
#chemicalengineering #ChemicalEngineer #chemicalengineers #hydrogen #gas #gases #flamable#HazardousGas #hiring #jobs #jobsearch #recruitment #job #nowhiring #recruiting #career #employment #careers #hiringnow #work #jobseekers #hr #resume #jobopening #jobhunt #business #humanresources #jobseeker #applynow #jobopportunity #vacancy #staffing #jobsearching #interview #recruiter #jobvacancy #wearehiring #jobinterview #airprotein #fermentation
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields