$178,000 - $209,000 / yr
We are currently recruiting for a Principal Architect. In this role, you are responsible for high level product system design and architecture definition.
What you will do in the position:
- Update team about new and changing technologies with the goal of finding new and innovative solutions to system engineering problems.
- Lead architecture design on large and / or complex projects.
- Work with product management and cross functional development teams to create innovative new designs and products.
- Propose and design system and software architectures for complex products.
- Evaluate proposed product architectures to ensure product design will meet specifications.
- Work with development teams to ensure desired system architectures are implemented correctly.
- Determine best software technologies for new products.
- Actively participate in research and development efforts, promoting new and innovative solutions to problems.
- Encourage team members to think about new methods, technologies and other innovative ways to solve problems.
- Research technologies for deployment on projects to ensure product performance goals are met.
- Evaluate design concepts and architectures from a performance and cost standpoint.
- Evaluate third party software and hardware components to determine applicability for incorporation in products.
- Create Theory of Equipment Operation documents and other documents as required to engineering and manufacturing teams.
- Interface with customers at test sites as required to help understand customer problems.
- Create high level designs / architectures for new products.
- Provide sustaining support as required to solve unexpected difficult technical problems.
- Produce high quality software code as required.
- Attend project design team meetings as required.
- Participate and critiques product designs as required.
What you will need to succeed in this position:
- Design and simulation of hardware products
- Knowledge about wireless communication systems
- Partner with vendors to obtain necessary deliverables
- Work closely with customers at test sites
- Knowledge with audio and wireless technologies
- Understanding of modern cloud computing methodologies
- Ability to encourage team members to think about new methods, technologies and other innovative ways to solve problems
- Ability to articulate vision, inspire and motivate others to bring alignment in strategy
- Ability to technically lead and inspire engineering teams to improve their use of technology for the business
- Minimum of 15 years related experience
- 3+ years proven experience as enterprise architect delivering large, complex products – leadership responsibilities
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering – preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field- required
You will have the opportunity to learn and grow while developing our future products. Our benefits package includes tuition reimbursement; 3 weeks paid vacation your first year, paid holidays, medical, vision and dental coverage, pet insurance, life insurance, and 401K contributions.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee will occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields