President (Manufacturing Operations)
New Castle, PA
PRESIDENT (Manufacturing Operations)
Seeking a hands-on executive with experience in large open die forgings (preferred), closed die forgings or large rolled rings with knowledge of steel processing (heat treating, machining) to lead a single site 25 year joint venture with just under 50 employees. Highly prefer someone with experience in military/government contracts. May consider a step up candidate with strategic experience as a Vice President, General Manager or like position. Prior experience with a joint venture a huge plus.
Leads continued growth strategies of the company while overseeing operations. Reporting to the company Board of Directors, this position is responsible for developing strategic plans, managing the overall profit and loss, annual sales, business, operational, and marketing plans of the company. This role requires a “hands-on”/ “roll-up-your-sleeves” approach to work with, and through others to build a collaborative team focused on continuous improvement and maintain high employee engagement across the organization.
In addition to providing leadership to execute strategic plans and initiatives throughout the company to meet customer demands, the President ensures compliance with state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following to be performed directly or delegated with oversight to others. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead the company’s people strategy and positive employee relations efforts to maintain a union-free status, including but not limited to communication and consistent enforcement of values, policies and procedures; performance management; employee training and development; and compensation and benefits strategies.
- Provide development opportunities and growth in responsibilities for the managers within the company.
- In support of the Plant Manager, Lead workplace safety culture and ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations. Drive toward zero incidents.
- In support of the Plant Manager, Ensure that day to day operations are effectively and efficiently coordinated, implemented, and conducted.
- Identify and implement process and plans for on-going operational and productivity improvement.
- Develop company multi-year strategic and annual business plan goals to generate revenue through new products and services, increased sales and/or expansion into new markets. Drive the company to achieve sales, profitability, cash flow, and other business objectives. Ensure that the growth of the company is not in conflict with the Partners and aligns with the joint venture agreement.
- Develop and maintain effective strategic relationships with key stakeholders, including customers, vendors, and partnership organizations. Make sales calls to current and prospective customers.
- Ensure effective leadership and management of company functional areas, including Accounting, Human Resources, and Manufacturing Operations.
- Understand the company’s risks and liabilities, such as legal contracts, statutory and tax obligations, and contingent liabilities, and manage necessary risk mitigation.
- Provide the joint venture partners with timely, accurate, and complete reports on operating, commercial, and other key business function conditions.
- Maintain confidentiality at the highest levels.
- Be mindful of and congruent with the operations of both JV Partners utilizing their downstream capabilities and capacity whenever possible.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, manufacturing, metallurgy, business, or related field; or equivalent experience;
- Fifteen (15) years of progressively responsible manufacturing experience; minimum of 5 years at the senior management level of a company or large operating unit;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully make and execute business plans;
- Demonstrated experience with new product development;
- Demonstrated experience building and developing a leadership and management team;
- Knowledge and experience in forging and steel processing (forging, heat treat and machining);
- Knowledge and experience in the following or related markets: power generation, oil and gas, general industrial and infrastructure, mining, and defense; and
- Experience utilizing Theory of Constraints, Lean Manufacturing, or similar other management approaches.
Skills and Abilities
- Integrity and ethics;
- Interpersonal savvy and relationship management skills;
- Leadership and change management;
- Communication proficiency;
- Business acumen in manufacturing markets, products, and services;
- Understanding of financial and operational management;
- Strategic planning leadership and ability to translate strategy to operational activities;
- Process management;
- Problem solving/analysis skills;
- Developing and coaching others;
- Diversity and inclusion; and
- Ability to travel frequently to local, domestic, and international locations.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields