Practice Nurse Practitioner
White Plains, NY
Shifts: 4 days – Tues-Fri – 9-6:30
The NP will be responsible for providing primary care services, including assessing, diagnosing, prescribing, treating and educating patients.
The NP will assess and provide care to a selected group of patients in collaboration with physicians. The NP will be responsible for carrying out the plan of care for his/her patients.
The NP contributes to the actualization of the philosophy and objectives of the specific Division/Department.
He/she practices within the scope of practice in care delivery. He/she participates in performance improvement and research activities, and maintains professional practice standards and clinical expertise.
The NP is responsible for providing primary care services, including assessing, diagnosing, prescribing, treating and educating patients.
The NP works closely with physicians and other clinicians in a team approach to patient care. The NP may specialize in a specific type of clinical care, e.g. pediatrics, geriatrics.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Includes the Following:
1. Understands and adheres to the company’s Performance Standards, Policies and Behaviors
2. Performs health assessments including patient history and physical examination.
3. Performs diagnostic procedures, according to privileges.
4. Performs preventive screening according to age and history.
5. Orders diagnostic tests. Evaluates special test and study results and incorporate them into plan of care.
6. Formulates appropriate diagnoses, based on history, physical examination and clinical findings.
7. Plans and provides care, within the framework of policies, procedures privileges and available resources, and applying relevant research.
8. Involves the patient/family in planning care.
9. In collaboration with physicians and other health care providers, coordinates care of patients and evaluates plan of care and patient toward health goals and modifies plan of care accordingly
10. Prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies, according to privileges.
11. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic procedures and tests within the scope of privileging
12. Provides patient/family education related to health status.
13. Evaluates effectiveness of plan of care and interventions by comparing patients/significant other/family responses to planned outcome. 14. Collaborates and communicates appropriately with all members of the health care team.
15. Documents in a thorough and timely manner.
16. Participates in the education of health care professionals and students through mentoring, precepting, in-services, seminars and formal presentations
17. Participates in professional activities that contribute to the advancement of nursing practice, such as participation in professional associations and publication
18. Develops own clinical knowledge and skills through continuing education programs, course work and reading professional literature.
19. Participates in own performance evaluation and establishment of plan for self-development and learning.
20. Abides by the standards of care and standards of practice established by the hospital.
21. Accepts and abides by the “Ethical Code for Nurse” as established by the American Nurses Association.
22. Practices within the regulations of the New York State Nurse Practice Act.
23. Maintains nurse practitioner specialty certification, both with the American Nurses Credentialing Center, or other national credentialing body, and with the New York State Department of Education (NYSED – Board of Nursing).
24. Incorporates guidelines and standards into practice as established by state and national regulatory bodies and professional organizations.
25. Demonstrates effective stress management and problem solving skills.
26. Role models professional behavior in all situations.
27. Effectively uses time to initiate special projects related to area of practice.
28. Demonstrates integration of Quality Improvement and research into practice.
29. Participates in systematic reviews of records and/or treatment plans for the purposes of peer review, selfevaluation, outcome monitoring and/or quality improvement.
30. Supports research by defining research questions, participating and/or conducting research in practice setting, as indicated.
31. Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
Master’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited school.
Current NYS license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse.
Current NYS license as a Nurse Practitioner ï‚§ National Certification as a Nurse Practitioner
Maintains a current collaborative practice agreement.
BCLS certification required; ACLS certification required
Minimum two years’ experience in an acute care setting preferred.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields