Power Amplifier Engineer
La Jolla, CA
$160,000 - $200,000 / yr
PA (Power Amplifier) Engineer
San Diego, California
Our client, a provider of wireless technology solutions, products, and services for commercial and military applications, has a full-time engineering position opening with the potential for growth.
Targeted for candidates with a Bachelor’s or a Master’s degree with >5-10 years of experience in Power Amplifier design and linearization techniques.
- Contribute to PA testing and verification in support of hardware development for advanced RF and wireless communications systems
- Contribute integration of circuits and sub-assemblies into the top-level system
- Implement design verification test plans at both top and system level.
- Maintain knowledge of current technical advancements in the general field of RF/microwave electronics by keeping up with current developments and trends in area of expertise.
- Generate novel and unique solutions to technical challenges including, but not limited to circuit, device, communication system architecture, and advance transceiver design.
- Measurement of GaN/GaAs Power Amplifiers in hybrid and MMIC form
- Experience in analog and digital linearization techniques.
- RF/Microwave lab skills with, but not limited to spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, power meter, arbitrary waveform generator, oscilloscope, multi-meter, synthesizer, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of RF/microwave networks and transceiver architectures.
- Ability to analyze and solve highly complex technical problems quickly and independently.
- Proven capability to give meaningful presentations and communicate effectively with design teams and professional customers while clearly convey information.
- Knowledge of / Emphasis / Experience in at least 2 of the following:
- Electronic design in one of the following specialties: RF/Analog circuit design or power conversion circuit design.
- Electrical concepts pertaining wireless communication transmitter and receiver line-ups.
- Mechanical concepts pertaining to RF power circuits.
- Wireless communication systems.
- Control and communication theory.
- Experience with at least 3 of the following CAD/Simulation/Software tools:
- MATLAB and SimuLink
- Keysight ADS or AWR Microwave Office
- Keysight SystemVue or AWR VSS
- National Instruments LabView
- Cadence Analog Environment or RFSpectre
- PSPICE or LTSPiCE
- Work well in collaborative environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
NOTE: Due to the nature of our military work, U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required for this position.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields