PLC Engineer – Night Shift
Manufacturer is offering a competitive salary and benefits package with a discretionary annual bonus potential!
Established, privately held, non-automotive manufacturer has an opening for a PLC Engineer to work the night shift and focus 80% of their time on troubleshooting and elimination of downtime and 20% of their time on project management. This position will report to the Engineering Manager and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Train, coach and mentor off shift technicians
- Troubleshoot Allen Bradley PLCs in order to minimizing downtime and eliminate scrap
- Work with technicians on elevated PLC troubleshooting
- Perform electrical troubleshooting of servos, motors, curtains, sensors, etc.
- Support three automated lines with the assistance of one other controls engineer on the night shift
- Oversee project tasks related to new equipment, upgrades, etc.
- Responsible for timeline and budget management of projects
- Maintain documentation of projects and troubleshooting
- Other tasks as directed by management
REQUIREMENTS for the PLC Engineer – Night Shift:
1. A Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred; experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
2. Depending on education, a minimum of 1-4 years in a similar controls, electrical or PLC position in a manufacturing environment
3. PLC troubleshooting experience
5. Willingness to work the night shift long-term
1. Experience with PLC programming, Allen Bradley is highly preferred
Why work for this organization:
1. The company has experienced consistent growth annually for over the last 10 years
2. Good work/life balance, averaging 45 hours per week
3. Medical benefit perks
Candidates need to be local to the Wauseon, Ohio area. There is not a relocation package at this time.
robotics engineer, controls engineer, electrical engineering, electrical engineer, electrical engineering technologies, plc programming, automation engineer, EET, bachelor’s degree, associate’s degree, plc programmer, controls technician, electronics technician, automation engineer
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields