Plant Operations Manager – Food Manufacturing
Sleepy Eye, MN
Operations Manager – Food Manufacturing
This opportunity is for an energetic individual with great vision and desiring a future in production operations. If you have a background in production management, operations leadership, you will enjoy this facility and the Plant Manager you will report to. You will assist the Plant Manager in directing the activities of the 24/5 production facility including managing safety, quality, production, maintenance, and warehousing activities, compliance to EHS standards and hiring/training of new and existing personnel. Responsibilities will also include process optimization, improving equipment reliability and identifying/implementing capital projects. This is a smaller facility within a globally known manufacturing company offering outstanding compensation, company benefits and most importantly, a great place to work!
- Responsible for the Safety, Health and regulatory programs on site in partnership with Corporate EH&S leadership.
- Responsible for environmental programs on site and coordinating activities with Corporate EH&S resources.
- Works closely with management and human resources on employee relations matters.
- Ensures proper hiring and training of all employees in partnership with human resources.
- Maintains a positive and healthy relationship with the community and regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for working in close coordination with site Quality Manager.
- Supervise the activities of direct reports; Production Supervisors, Warehouse Lead, Maintenance Lead and Plant Admin.
- Works directly with Plant Manager to manage all expenditures including both expense and capital for their area of responsibility. Responsibilities include managing overall operations costs, capital expenditures, and budgets. This includes forecasting and meeting current budget commitments
- Coordinates and provides technical input, serves as the initiator for plant improvements
- Prepares and submits the timely delivery of activity and monthly reports to keep the Plant Manager and others informed about the status of plant activities
- Perform or direct any incident investigations as required for any and all incidents (e.g. Quality, Safety, Productivity) in their area of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with 8+ years of production management experience.
- Candidate must have experience with process optimization, managing small capital projects (<500K) and improving process capability.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency with computers and various software applications
- Knowledge of advance troubleshooting methods
- Ability to conduct effective on-the-job training
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
Desire local candidates if possible but will assist with relocation if needed.
MUST BE U.S. Citizen
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields