The Plant Controller is a member of the site executive team. This position is responsible for cost control and reporting for the site, implementing and overseeing the costing policies, procedures in developing and implementing costing initiatives. The Plant Controller interacts with the development, business development and operations teams in gathering information and changing processes, as required. This position is responsible for the financial control of the site and preparing capital expenditure projects for its development.
The Plant Controller will be part of the Group Finance function and will assist with the development and co-ordination of Group Finance Initiatives.
- Problem Solving / Analysis
- Budgets / Cost Control
- Managing performance
- Adaptability / Flexibility
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but are not limited to:
- Member of the site executive team.
- Reviews manufacturing operations to identify cost savings opportunities
- Develops and rolls out profit improvement projects surrounding manufacturing environment
- Performs post launch audits of new product launches and capital investment projects.
- Provides weekly variance and costing information to management team
- Performs margin analysis per SKU, per customer basis and report to management.
- To apply the commercial and operational control systems (e.g. NPD, Promo’s, DWOR, Variances). To identify areas of improvement / weaknesses, and suggest modifications as appropriate.
- To ensure that weekly and monthly reports are prepared (and submitted), and that exceptions are identified and commented upon. To support the business managers, ensuring that they understand the information generated and are using it to improve performance.
- In conjunction with the General Manager and the rest of the site management team prepare the monthly commentary for the site.
- To prepare and post month end journals, review the results and reconcile to expected figures.
- In conjunction with the General Manager prepare the quarterly rolling forecasts and annual business plans for review by the US Board.
- To generate ad-hoc information (normally commercial, purchasing or operational related) to support the analysis of business performance.
- Works with development team on costing new products, as well as, material and labor costing for all new projects
- Partners with purchasing and planning teams to ensure favorable inventory levels are maintained
- Ongoing review of costing standards to ensure accuracy and up to date information is reflected
- Provide support and detailed information for financial audits including Inventory reports, reconciliations, and full explanations of systems and accounting practices
- Works cross functionally with teams to ensure best use of systems, processes is utilized to educate and affect the decision making process
- Other reasonably related functions to the position as may be assigned by management.
- Has the ability to function under stressful conditions and interact cordially with co-workers to accomplish common tasks.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
Minimum of five years general accounting experience.
This to include front line experience of costing work and factory control.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields