Plant Accounting Mgr
$95,000 - $110,000 / yr
Growing and profitable multi-site, 100 year old family owned manufacturer is looking to add a Plant Accounting Manager who can help drive change.
Candidate will mostly likely NEED TO RELOCATE to the Winamac, IN area. Co will PAY FOR RELOCATION.
The successful candidate will live in both the big picture as well as in the details, desire to make an impact, and work well on a team and individually.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Manage month-end close and consolidation process alongside Corporate Accounting, become a Subject Matter Expert in the software and programs used in the Finance and Accounting Department (Lawson/Infor, Axiom, etc.) and any new programs introduced in the future.
- Preparation and distribution of monthly and annual financial statements, gaining an in-depth knowledge of each plants financial statements.
- Responsible for detailed analysis and reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts.
- Proactively initiate and execute process improvement projects to promote efficiencies through the tools from our internal Continuous Improvement Department. This includes Kaizens, Value-Stream mapping, problem-solving techniques and much more.
- Communicate effectively and often with internal/external contacts such as the plant manager, sales team, controllers, auditors, and the Corporate Office.
- Management of Capital Project processing & Fixed Asset tracking/balancing.
- Partner with others in the Company & Department to create the annual budget and mid-year forecast and ensure a successful completion.
- Deeply involved in banking duties, including initiating wires, ACH and other payments as well as creating efficiencies between the banking software and our systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Tenacity and determination for excellence and achievement coupled with the intense desire for continuous improvement and learning all the while possessing a servant leadership attitude.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 5 plus years’ experience in accounting, budgeting, financial reporting, and financial data analysis
- ADVANCED Excel skills with proven knowledge of complex functions, formulas & macros.
- Critical thinking and tactical problem-solving skills
- Passion and curiosity to learn and to stretch your abilities
- Possess a knack for improving processes
- Interest in collaborating on a team as well as working independently
- Versatility with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in as needed
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Superior attention to detail
GREAT TO HAVE’S:
MBA, CPA, or CPA candidate desirable
Previous Senior Accountant experience
Proficient with ERP & FP&A systems
Perseverance for hard work and the desire for additional responsibilities and / or promotion
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
Benefits effective 30 days from date of hire
Medical, Dental and Vision, HSA, FSA
401k Matching, Life Insurance, STD/LTD
100% covered tuition reimbursement (including books & reasonable expenses)
Wellness Program / Lifestyle Rewards / Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Paid Time Off & Holidays
Bachelors or better in Accounting/Finance
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields