Pilot Plant Operator position in San Leandro, CA!
San Leandro, CA
Pilot Plant Operator
Ops & Capital Projects · San Leandro, California
Imagine a meat company unlike anything that has come before! We are on a mission to impact climate change by revolutionizing how we make meat. Founded in 2019, we make protein from elements of the air.
We are a modern food company, crafting the world’s first air-based meats to feed us more sustainably, help renew the planet’s resources and eliminate compromise between nutrition, taste and climate impact. Using novel technology inspired by NASA, we convert elements found in the air around us into protein using probiotic cultures, then turn those proteins into any meat imaginable. It’s where cutting-edge science meets bold ambition to reinvent the way we eat.
Join our team of passionate scientists, engineers, and business leaders working to transform the future of food with solutions we never thought possible, creating meat that is nutritious, delicious and more sustainable. We use less land, less water and is significantly faster to make than any other meat available.
In addition to the chance to work with cutting edge technology to help combat climate change and working toward addressing the impending food crisis, Our employees also enjoy competitive benefits and total compensation plans and a collaborative company culture. If you join us on this relentless pursuit for more, changing the world will soon feel as natural as taking a breath.
We are funded by ADM, a world leader in fermentation technology, GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Barclays, one of the world’s leading financial institutions.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Monitor equipment and instruments, including flow meters and control valves, to ensure plant is always operating correctly.
- Respond to warnings and alarms. Take all actions to prevent accidents or injuries.
- Manipulate the process using controls, and input devices to operate the manual and automatic equipment and instruments.
- Take samples and perform tests to ensure process and product meets specifications.
- Respond to control equipment and processes in emergency situations and follow all instructions from supervisory staff.
- Always follow all safety policies to prevent injury.
- Examine equipment daily and make entry to equipment log.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Aptitude for mechanics.
- Basic computer skills.
- Desire to comply with safety and quality regulations.
- Ability to wearing protective gear when necessary.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in a scientific field.
- 10 years or more working experience in a manufacturing plant.
- Experience working in a GMP, pharmaceutical, and/or food and beverage environment.
- Experience handling hazardous chemicals and hydrogen gas.
ABOUT OUR PURPOSE
Why we exist: To accelerate the world’s transition to climate and rainforest-friendly meat
What we do: We make nutritious meat using the most sustainable protein on the planet
- Protect people & the planet
- Play as a team and have a growth mindset
- Do what you say you will do
- Be the change you seek
- Create a culture of belonging
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields