Pilot Plant Engineer
As with any start-up there is certainly risk involved, but the payoff potential is also significant. With a product that has already been developed and is now being commercialized, there is significant momentum behind this company. For this role – depending on the person, this could become a technical management position. For the company, if they go public or are sold, the stock options that are part of the compensation package have the potential to be very lucrative.
This person will be part of a team of engineers and scientists who are continuing to develop this company’s technology. This company has been developing pilot-scale technology and now has three customers that they are building units for. This person will be supporting those units as they start to come on-line for the first time – doing commissioning and start-up work as well as troubleshooting and field support. Travel will be about 25-35% of the time on average, with longer trips during unit startups. As this company continues to have more and more units come online, this role has the potential to grow into a leader of a field service engineering team.
- B.S. degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years of post-college industry experience, working with hazardous (PSM) processes
- Relevant technology backgrounds include: hydrogen (industrial gas) production, gasification processes, pyrolysis, steam methane reforming, Fischer-Tropsch processes, and other closely related continuous technologies
- Candidates need to have prior experience commissioning and starting up pilot-scale plants, pilot plant trouble-shooting experience is also required
- Candidates should have at least some familiarity with PLC controls and HMI – programming experience would be awesome, but not required
- Previous experience with natural gas or LNG lines would be ideal, but not required
- Overall, this company needs someone who is strong on the fundamentals of engineering and who is creative
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields