Physical Therapist – New Grads Accepted!
$45 - $48
Job Title: Physical Therapist in Hancock, MI
Reports To: Director of Rehab
Position Summary: The physical therapist (PT) provides resident assessment, establishes the Plan of Care, and provides direct or indirect resident care while following guidelines established within the scope of practice as defined by state and national certification and/or licensure – and as directed by a physician order. The PT aids in the restoration of independent function/maximizing independent function through the implementation of an individualized care plan, providing the necessary resident, family, and caregiver education required to assure improved quality of life. The PT also supervises the physical therapy assistant(s) working under an established Plan of Care and within the scope of practice. As needed, the physical therapist may fulfill the essential duties/function found within the physical therapy assistant (PTA) Job Description.
Position Schedule: Monday – Friday, 0800 – 1630 (some flexibility is permitted) with a rotation of week-end on-call
Essential Duty/Function: The physical therapist is responsible to be engaged in all aspects of the individualized Plan of Care (POC) through direct or indirect treatment, managing change, as well as striving for the highest levels of independence and improved quality of life possible to each resident touched. Success in this endeavor is strengthened by demonstrating competence in, and ability to perform the following:
- Follow licensure guidelines and State of Michigan regulations while adhering to the physical therapy scope of practice.
- Follow established departmental and facility wide Policy and Procedure.
- Understand and follow established facility Policy and Procedure as it relates to PHI and laws found within the HIPPA.
- Communicate regularly with prescribing physician and other health care professionals as it relates to the resident.
- Active participation in the programs related to total quality management – as well as active participation in the culture of awareness and support for quality resident care.
- Assist in the organization and establishment of interdepartmental education programs for the interdisciplinary team at Canal View Houghton County.
- Personalized assessment/evaluation for the development of the physical therapy POC.
- Utilization of standardized testing/evidence based assessments for improved quality
- Consistent assessment of the resident’s response to treatment programming with modification to the POC as needed.
- Issuance and management of customized/pre-fabricated orthotics/prosthetics required, or any assistive mobility devices required to meet the goals outlined on the physical therapy POC.
- Provision of the necessary resident, family, or caregiver education and training required for increased efficacy and quality of care.
- Daily entry of utilized CPT codes throughout the course of a treatment session – or the supervision of daily data entry.
- Re-evaluate or assess residents seen by the PTA as needed.
- Provide the supervision of the PTA(S) per established standards of practice.
- Submission of daily documentation – writing the Daily Note in a timely manner.
- Meet payor based regulations and paperwork requirements through timely documentation from evaluation to discharge.
- Maintain licensure through established requirements and State of Michigan regulation.
- Maintain sense of continual personal quality improvement through attendance in the continuing education process and professional development opportunities.
- Attend and participate in any departmental or facility wide meetings.
- Support a culture of helping each other, teamwork, quality, and above all, compassion in the workplace.
- Punctuality/timeliness while reporting to anticipated arrival times.
- Participation in additional job duties as assigned.
Position Qualifications – Minimum Job Requirements
- Graduation from accredited physical therapy program
- Michigan State licensure as PT
- Experience in the SNF/LTC setting is preferred but not required
Beneficial Skills & Abilities
- The ability to maintain professional interpersonal communication both verbally and electronically at all times.
- Excellent time management, organizational skills, and ability to adapt.
- Flexibility, ability to manage change.
- Inclination toward teamwork, collaboration, and willingness to participate within a dynamic interdisciplinary team found at Canal View Houghton County.
- Ability to communicate with diplomacy, good judgement and professionalism with all types and levels of staff within the facility.
- Ability to work independently – without direct supervision.
- Strong desire for continued personal development-improvement.
- Strong ability to manage challenging and sometimes intensely emotional interpersonal dynamics with residents, families, colleagues and/or the interdisciplinary team.
Conditions of Employment:
- Successful candidates must pass a pre-employment physical, medical history check, reference check, drug screening, and criminal background check.
- Preference will be given to the candidate with proven experience and qualifications.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields