$100,000 - $130,000 / yr
$100-130K + Bonus + Paid Relocation + Sign On Bonus
Full Time Day Shift Available
The practice of Physical Therapy shall include assessment, treatment planning, and implementation, education, communication and demonstration of leadership to address the needs of patients and their families as well as to foster a positive working relationship among professionals and ancillary staff. Position requires general supervision.
- Graduation from an accredited physical therapy school.
- Physical Therapist License upon hire.
- National Provider BLS – American Heart Association upon hire.
- 1 year Rehabilitation experience.
The incumbent shall be responsible for providing a full range of physical therapy services including assessment, treatment planning and therapeutic interventions in an interdisciplinary environment, consistent with the position’s qualifications, professional practices, and ethical standards. The incumbent shall also demonstrate accountability for and contribution to program development, quality improvement, problem solving and productivity enhancement in a flexible interdisciplinary fashion.
As a Physical Therapist, you will treat a variety of diagnosis while partnering with other members of the acute medical care team including physicians, nurses, social workers, the diabetes educator and registered dietician to provide the Therapy plan of care.Our therapists provide hour long evaluations, one to one patient care and determine treatment time as needed.
Ketchikan Alaska is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts, those who love the arts, or someone who just wants a quiet, slower-paced life. Enjoy our beautiful surroundings, abundant wildlife, and great opportunities for hiking, fishing, boating, and more. We have excellent schools and a strong local economy.This vibrant city at the southern tip of the Alaskan panhandle calls itself the Salmon Capital of the World. Wildlife abounds, from bald eagles and bears to orcas and humpback whales.
Responsible for the evaluation of patients, determining plan-of-care and goals of treatment, participating in treatment of patients within the scope of Physical Therapy. Provides oversight to therapy assistants and students in following the plan-of-care and treatment of patients appropriate to the age of the patient served; provides supervision to therapy aides and volunteers. Works as part of a patient care team toward the best outcomes for the patient.
What you will do:
- Evaluates assigned patients and establishes a treatment plan and goals, using data from a variety of sources, such as patient records, interviews, observation and team members.
- Completes patient treatment according to plan of care and modifies plan to meet patient needs, and updates plan as appropriate.
- Completes documentation accurately, timely, according to regulatory and state licensure requirements, and within professional standards.
- Collaborates with other healthcare professionals as necessary to ensure smooth continuous care of the patients. May act as a liaison with nursing, medical and other therapy staffs to facilitate problem solving and coordination of other services and act as an educational resource.
- May mentor and provide oversight to new caregivers, physical therapist assistants, and/or therapy aides. Provides clinical instruction and training to students.
- Recommends and participates in development of new services and programs, quality improvement and monitoring activities.
- Participates in staff meetings, patient care meetings, educational in-services, caregiver orientation and other professional activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate from a Physical Therapy program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education required
- Specific experience in setting as described by the position posting
- Current Physical Therapist license from the State Physical Therapy Licensing Board required.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Must be willing to be cross train in all settings as this is a critical access hospital (Acute, outpatient, skilled nursing/swing bed.)
- Would consider new graduate.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 – $130,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields