Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
$50,000 - $65,000 / yr
Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) –
Setting: Skilled Nursing Facility
- Location: Waverly, NY (Southern tier region of New York State)
- DIRECT HIRE: PERMANENT, OR A 13 WEEK TRAVELER ASSIGNMENT (WILL ACCEPT EITHER)
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Competitive Compensation, based on experience
- Enjoy being a part of a strong and diverse team.
- New Grads Welcome.
Physical Therapy Assistant team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by providing comprehensive and quality therapy services. This position is responsible for administering skilled physical therapy treatments as developed and recommended by a Registered Physical Therapist, ensuring that the highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times.
- Assist the Physical Therapist in planning, developing and carrying out treatment programs and procedures for residents.
- Writes observations of resident’s behavior and progress in Progress Notes.
- Maintains statistical records and other departmental reports as requested by Physical Therapist.
- Assist with in-service training programs upon request.
- Assist with keeping supplies in good order and daily sanitation of equipment.
- Arrives to work on time, regularly, and working as scheduled, responsible for own transportation.
- Utilizes electronic timekeeping system.
- Observes and practices confidentiality of resident information and privacy when performing job duties.
- Recognizes and follows the dress code of the facility including wearing name tag at all times.
- Performs assigned duties according to the service excellence standards and goals established for this position, and for all staff members of this facility.
Graduation from a physical therapy assistant approved program required.
New York State license to practice required.
Interest in physical therapy treatments for the geriatric and sub-acute population utilizing a team approach.
ABOUT THE AREA:Waverly is the largest village in Tioga County, New York, United States. It is located southeast of Elmira in the Southern Tier region. Near state colleges, Waverly NY has museums that preserve the area’s Native American history to a walk or drive down Chemung Street and Park and Pennsylvania Avenues for a look at the several homes with elaborate architectural stature and historic worth, and or for a taste of delectable food from hometown restaurants/diners, shopping in unique stores to spending a night or more in a lovely Victorian bed and breakfast. Nature settings surround this unique community with so much to offer.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields