Packaging Sanitation Assistant Manager
3rd Shift Packaging Sanitation Assistant Manager
About the company:
While it is the largest dairy company in the world, they are a family business and keep the family feel, stay connected with employees, farmers, and consumers locally. They all share the passion for making products that bring people closer together. The company strives to ensure a safe and respectful workplace.
About the role:
Your duties will be assisting the Packaging Manager to enhance the technical and financial performance of the packaging department; during your shift you will oversee the packaging team in meeting the required efficiencies in terms of quantity, costs, deadlines and quality and food safety.
Your team will consist of two Sanitation Leads and 13-15 Sanitation Operators, Packaging Machine Operators, Packaging Operators and Cheese Pullers.
In this role you will:
- Integrate, train, appraise, discipline, and ensure professional development
- Lead team: delegate, instill a sense of responsibility, set targets, communicate instructions, control, listen and engage
- Coordinate training needs and participate in proposing training timelines
- Keep line management informed in accordance with the framework defined by Packaging Manager and Assistant Manager Packaging to
- Develop staff skills, increase performance
- Maintain good industrial relations.
Your required qualifications:
- Strong sanitation and chemical knowledge/experience in a food processing facility (cheese/dairy is a plus – 2 years
- Strong supervisory/managerial experience – 2 years
- Process management, collective line management, non-line management, environmental safety management, computer/office systems
Education: Associate or Bachelors’ Degree in Dairy Science/Chemistry or science related field is preferred.
Knowledge of: Packaging equipment and processes, quality, food safety, and health and safety.
Compensation has been upgraded to reflect the competitive market and shift premium. Benefits are competitive and relocation allowance is offered.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields