Outside Sales – Transportation Industry
Serves customers by selling products; meeting customer needs.
Our client is a growing manufacturing company in the transportation sector seeking an experienced, motivated Sales Representative to interact with clients and prospects, assisting them with their need for the products we offer. We’re looking for a professional who can quickly absorb and retain product knowledge. The successful candidate will take over management of the assigned territory. The ability to work well in a fast-paced environment is a must. If you love a challenge and have a working knowledge of tarping systems and the trucking industry, we have a home for you.
Sales Representative Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Adjust content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
- Focused sales effort by studying existing and potential markets and volume of dealers.
- Submit orders through Quick Books sales software and the provided database of price lists and product descriptions.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses-forecasts-budgets.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Provide historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events.
- Present and sell company products and services to current and potential clients.
Sales Representative Skills and Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience: 3+ years’ direct outside sales experience, 4+ years’ retail experience a plus
- Goal oriented with ability to formulate, establish, execute, analyze, and evaluate the results of goals set forth by the sales representative as well as those of the sales organization and the company as a whole.
- Closing Skills with the ability to establish needs, ability to fulfill needs and identification, as well as elimination of hindrances of the order being placed.
- Territory management of knowing the clients and prospects within your territory and how to effectively and frequently reach them.
- Prospecting skills
- Negotiation skills
- Product Knowledge
- Establishment and fostering of client relationships
- Motivation and desire to sale
- Ability to translate complicated technical jargon for the average consumer
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills are required with ability to create, compose, and edit written materials including formal proposals and business correspondence.
- Presentation skills and the ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques.
- Maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- Requires significant regional and local travel to current clients and prospects necessitating possession of a valid state driver’s license.
- Effective Communication Skills: Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability speak to customers about a product’s different features and answer any questions they might have without being condescending or demeaning.
- Excellent computer skills, high level of proficiency with the Microsoft office suite.
Persistence: Not every customer is going to be a sale. Being able to bounce back if you lose a sale will be key for this job.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields