Outside Sales Representative
$70,000 - $90,000 / yr
This is a unique opportunity for a successful outside sales rep to join this company as they usually promote from within, but the company has grown rapidly and is looking for a successful motivated candidate to grow with them.
Our client is a leading distributor of industrial supplies that has been in business for over 60 years, this company has experienced years of steady growth and has gained a stellar reputation in its industry. This organization has locations all across the United States and they pride themselves on providing the highest quality of service, products, and a sales team that makes its goal to create value and solutions with each touch.
They specialize in sales, service, and supply chain solutions to manufacturing companies in both OEM and MRO applications with an extensive assortment of products ranging from safety products, PPE, abrasives, adhesives, electrical, static control, tapes, labeling, chemicals and more. In addition to manufacturing, their customers also include other verticals like municipalities, industry, healthcare, etc. Our client has a strong reputation for quality products and exceptional service.
You will play a key role in maximizing and growing revenue and profits within your assigned geographical territory by selling to existing customers and acquiring new business (about 50% farming/account management, and 50% hunting/ new business development). This role is focused on sales excellence and a solution first sales approach that will and can make lasting impacts within your business. In essence, you will:
- Actively manage and grow a dedicated sales territory.
- Partner with your Inside Sales team to meet or exceed division sales goals.
- B2B cold calling on a continuous basis.
- Build long-term, productive, and mutually beneficial relationships with new customers.
- Conduct contract negotiations.
- Attend division sales meetings (weekly or bi-weekly)
A successful Outside Sales Rep will have achieved a minimum of the following:
- Growth of 7% or more in YOY revenue
- Closed at least 2 large supply chain solutions programs per year
- Closed at least 2 deals with existing or new accounts per month
QUALIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
- Successful B2B sales experience in an outside sales role.
- Ability to adapt and communicate with prospects at all levels from maintenance manager to C-suite to build long term relationships
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- College degree preferred, but not required with a successful track record of sales achievement.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Industrial, industry and product knowledge preferred but not required.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
Our client is seeking an experienced, outgoing sales professional that enjoys selling and is driven to learn and grow in their career. You are driven to be a leader and you understand the importance of teamwork and professionalism. In summary, you:
- Have an entrepreneurial attitude
- Have a high level of integrity
- Have confidence in making decisions
- Are self-motivated
- Are persistent
- Have a sense of urgency
- Strive for attention to detail
- Are willing to adapt
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields