Responsible for providing nursing care to the patient in the operating room. This may include, but not limited to, performing as a scrub nurse, circulating nurse, supervisor and educator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervises and directs patient care in the operating room.
a. Ensures that proper techniques and practices are used according to accepted standards of practice
b. Supervises other personnel in the room and directs or assists as necessary.
c. Ensures care to appropriate patient through proper identification and checking of chart
2. Performs scrub duties as necessary.
3. Maintains count of sponges, needles and instruments to ensure no loss of item.
4. Performs all circulation duties with efficiency and speed.
a. Supervises and assists scrub person as necessary
b. Positions patient, prepares operative area, and adjusts table to proper position.
c. Has all supplies and equipment in the room and provides to the team as necessary.
d. Opens all sterile packs and supplies according to the aseptic technique.
e. Assists surgeons, anesthesiologists and other personnel as needed.
f. Reviews surgeon’s preference cards and verifies with surgeon as necessary.
g. Ensures all medications are administered and charted according to established policies and procedures.
h. Cares for specimens and cultures as directed by set policies and procedures.
i. Maintains OR records, specimens implants and laser logs and reports any unusual occurrences.
j. Accompanies patient to Recovery Room and reports to Recovery Room nurse on status of patient.
5. Assists in control and maintenance of supplies and equipment.
6. Assists in supervision of personnel to provide optimum assurance of safe environment.
a. Checks rooms, materials and equipment for proper care and handling.
b. Ensures a clean, safe environment through continued alertness to safely.
c. Assists in control of traffic and personnel to ensure proper control of infection and asepsis.
7. Assists in operating room staff development and education.
a. Assists in formulation and interpretation of procedures, standards and techniques.
b. Assists in orientation of new personnel.
c. Assists in evaluation of all OP activities and nursing care given and of personnel and techniques.
8. Performs functions of registered nurse-recovery room and preoperative-nurse, as assigned.
Education and Experience:
– Currently licensed as a registered, professional nurse in the state of Maryland.
– Prior experience in peri-operative nursing.
– CPR certification.
Hours are going to vary. If full time it is likely 6:30 AM until 4:30 PM four days a week. The hours may extend based on the case volume.
Full time and part time openings available.
Full benefits offered!
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields