Operations in Freight Forwarding (Charlotte, Charleston and Atlanta – openings in various locations around the country)
The role of the import/export specialist is to facilitate the movement of products/equipment/ materials out of the country, via ocean or air freight, in accordance with organizational policies and procedures, and to comply with relevant local, country and international laws and processes. In addition, this role provides customer service with regard to: bookings, rates, document production, accounting, agent interaction and problem solving.
- Prepare and coordinate the necessary documentation for the efficient, cost-effective and lawful execution of all export activities
- Coordinate cargo pick up/transfer and monitor status
- Communicate with export related authorities, customers and suppliers, in all relevant territories and countries, to ensure efficient, positive and lawful relations, support and activities
- Obtain spot rates when necessary
- Communicate/correspond with overseas agents and clients in a timely manner, to include: pre-alerts, rate requests, shipment status, etc.
- Track shipments and update customers/agents of status
- Create and maintain customer files
- Create customer invoice and approve payables
- Audit files to ensure accuracy and completion
- Ensure accurate data entry and document upload into the system
- Assist other departments/divisions as needed, or when requested by department or branch manager
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent organizational skill
- Excellent communication skill
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ethical and team player
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Fluency in English required, additional languages preferred
- Experience in freight forwarding industry required
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Some travel will be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds. This position requires employee to frequently work in a fluid, fast paced environment.
Excellent pay, benefits and bonus opportunity.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields