$140,000 - $160,000 / yr
$140-160K + Bonus
Our Creston, IA Food Manufacturing client is looking to hire an Operations Manager. The Operations Manager oversees all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing while ensuring policies and procedures are followed. This Operations Manager has the responsibility to comply with Safety work rules at all times as well as an obligation to reinforce Safety as a Core Value. Ensures that all policies, procedures and activities, related to Food Safety & Quality, are followed and complied with uniformly, in an effort to reduce product and process variability.
- Assumes personal responsibility for a safe and healthy workplace for all employees by actively participating in the leadership of plant safety programs and ensures adherence.
- Adhere to Quality work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained.
- Responsible for Food Safety and Food Quality of all products; identify and address conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Provide overall leadership, direction and coordination for plant operations.
- Ensure all plant personnel are operating in compliance with plant and corporate procedures as well as compliance with customer and regulatory regulations.
- Provide coaching and development of plant staff to ensure effective leadership, collaboration and balance in achieving KPIs focused on safety, quality, customer service and productivity.
- Plan and supervise the design and progress of capital projects.
- Develops and implements financial and non-financial objectives including annual budget that serves as the plants operating plan.
- Identify and implement strategies to improve performance, meeting and exceeding plant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Monitor and set standards for operations and help identify and correct bottlenecks.
- Increase production asset capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs.
- Performs other duties as assigned or of a similar nature or level.
- 10+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Food manufacturing experience. USDA experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university, preferably a B.S. in Food Science, Engineering, or Management. Master’s Degree in Engineering or Management
- A demonstrated knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management and a track record of achieving results against a comprehensive set of KPIs.
- Excellent problem solving, and reasoning skills required.
- Ability to analyze downtime and financial variance trends, identifying actions to deliver expected performance.
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics.
- Ability to effectively present information to all levels of the company; plant floor to executive leadership.
- Excellent time management, and strong attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills, listening, decision-making, and organization skills required.
- Excellent computer skills required, including Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed, including coaching, team building and training skills.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields