Operations Manager (2nd Shift)
$130,000 - $140,000 / yr
Operations Manager Summary:
The Operations Manager is responsible for the day to day operations within the plant. They are responsible for the manufacturing functions within the plant in order to efficiently assemble high quality products, deliver on time, and within cost targets. Must be willing to work in a very a fast-paced environment with proven ability to deliver sustainable and superior results.
Operations Manager Responsibilities:
- Responsible for meeting the delivery, quality and cost.
- Leading production in timely continuous improvement activities.
- Reporting plant labor operating efficiencies and machine utilization to the management staff.
- Responsible for conducting performance evaluations for the Production Supervisor position.
- Ensuring that standards are met with regard to production, quality, and safety.
- Maintaining a safe work environment, and the general 5S housekeeping activities of the production floor.
- Assisting in evaluating cause and elimination of downtime by directing 8D corrective actions when problems occur that need to be addressed.
- Proactive in resolving problem and/or conflicts.
- Consistently demonstrates a positive management approach and actively participates in various meetings.
- Direct and supervise Team Leaders and all production Team Members to ensure correct, accurate, and timely completion of production and delivery schedules.
- Institute and maintain safe work practices and capability of direction plant emergencies.
- Oversees the training and development of supervisor, Team leaders and Technicians in the sociological and technological aspects of their responsibilities.
- Ensure strict compliance with Quality Control standards and promote the company’s reputation and image as a quality producer.
- Communicate and counsel with all employees to maintain a high level of understanding.
- Manage employees in such a way as to promote and maintain a high level of trust and integrity with all employees.
- Analyze production to determine where improvements may be made, which will contribute to plant profitability.
- Complies with all Company Safety policies, procedures and rules.
Operations Manager Education/Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must have recent experience in an Automotive Manufacturing plant.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Proven Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead team members and get results through others.
- In depth knowledge of financial and budgetary controls.
- High degree of professionalism along with organizational skills, tact, and diplomacy.
- Ability to motivate and delegate authority to subordinate personnel.
- A strong background and working knowledge of lean manufacturing principles.
- Must have experience with New Program Launches.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields