$70,000 - $90,000 / yr
Occupational Therapist –
- Direct Hire
- Competitive Compensation, based on experience.
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Traveler Accepted
- New OT Grads Welcome
- Location: Waverly, NY (Southern Tier region of NYS)
- Occupational therapy staff members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of residents by providing comprehensive and quality therapy services.
- State specific Occupational Therapy license required.
Initiates skilled occupational therapy treatments in accordance with physician’s orders; maintains required contact with physician.
Maintains written evaluations, progress notes, MDS records and discharge summaries for residents in occupational therapy program.
Confers with other health care staff regarding special needs of residents to enhance rehabilitation or maintenance of function.
Provides input for the Resident Care Planning meetings and attends during absences of the Director of Occupational Therapy.
Maintains statistical records of residents’ treatments.
Assists with in-service training programs upon request.
Records and updates resident’s care plan.
Graduation from an approved school of occupational therapy required.
State license to practice occupational therapy required.
Two years’ experience in occupational therapy preferred.
Interest in occupational therapy treatment programs for the geriatric and subacute populations utilizing a team approach.
Ability to direct others necessary.
Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing required.
Sense of responsibility and ability to work well with residents, families, and other staff members required.
Qualities of maturity, diplomacy, and ability to work well with others required.
Ability to work with geriatric and chronically ill residents, as well as other professionals in a friendly and helpful manner necessary.
Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence required.
- ABOUT THE AREA: Waverly is the largest village in Tioga County, New York, United States. It is located southeast of Elmira in the Southern Tier region. Near state colleges, Waverly NY has museums that preserve the area’s Native American history to a walk or drive down Chemung Street and Park and Pennsylvania Avenues for a look at the several homes with elaborate architectural stature and historic worth, and or for a taste of delectable food from home town restaurants/diners, shopping in unique stores to spending a night or more in a lovely Victorian bed and breakfast. Nature settings surround this unique community with so much to offer.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields