Niagara Falls, NY
$65,000 - $85,000 / yr
- DIRECT HIRE
- TRAVELER ACCEPTED
- Full Time (Weekdays, Some Weekends and Holidays)
- Competitive Compensation, based on experience
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Location: Wheatfield, NY (Near Buffalo NY & Niagara County NY)
- Setting: Skilled Nursing Facility
- Occupational therapy staff members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of residents by providing comprehensive and quality therapy services.
- State specific Occupational Therapy license required.
Initiates skilled occupational therapy treatments in accordance with physician’s orders; maintains required contact with physician.
Maintains written evaluations, progress notes, MDS records and discharge summaries for residents in occupational therapy program.
Confers with other health care staff regarding special needs of residents to enhance rehabilitation or maintenance of function.
Provides input for the Resident Care Planning meetings and attends during absences of the Director of Occupational Therapy.
Maintains statistical records of residents’ treatments.
Assists with in-service training programs upon request.
Records and updates resident’s care plan.
Graduation from an approved school of occupational therapy required.
State license to practice occupational therapy required.
Two years’ experience in occupational therapy preferred.
Interest in occupational therapy treatment programs for the geriatric and subacute populations utilizing a team approach.
Ability to direct others necessary.
Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing required.
Sense of responsibility and ability to work well with residents, families, and other staff members required.
Qualities of maturity, diplomacy, and ability to work well with others required.
Ability to work with geriatric and chronically ill residents, as well as other professionals in a friendly and helpful manner necessary.
Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence required.
- About the area: Wheatfield is a town in Niagara County, near Niagara Falls, NY. The name stems from the agricultural use of the town lands, the growing of wheat. The Town of Wheatfield is east of Niagara Falls International Airport. With its proximity to Niagara County NY & the Buffalo NY areas; it is filled with culture including the arts, museums, shopping, restaurants, and recreational water leisure and many beautiful parks. This area is also well known for its many colleges and universities.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields