$65,000 - $85,000 / yr
- Location: Lockport, NY (Eastern suburb of Buffalo, NY)
- Direct Hire
- Full Time
- Competitive Compensation, based on experience
- Excellent Benefits Package
- New Occupational Therapy Program Grads Welcome.
- PERMANENT, OR A TRAVELER (WILL ACCEPT EITHER).
- Occupational therapy staff members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of residents by providing comprehensive and quality therapy services.
- New York State Occupational Therapy license required.
- Rotating Weekdays and Weekends.
Initiates skilled occupational therapy treatments in accordance with physician’s orders; maintains required contact with physician.
Maintains written evaluations, progress notes, MDS records and discharge summaries for residents in occupational therapy program.
Confers with other health care staff regarding special needs of residents to enhance rehabilitation or maintenance of function.
Provides input for the Resident Care Planning meetings and attends during absences of the Director of Occupational Therapy.
Maintains statistical records of residents’ treatments.
Assists with in-service training programs upon request.
Records and updates resident’s care plan.
Graduation from an approved school of occupational therapy required.
State license to practice occupational therapy required.
Two years’ experience in occupational therapy preferred.
Interest in occupational therapy treatment programs for the geriatric and subacute populations utilizing a team approach.
Ability to direct others necessary.
Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing required.
Sense of responsibility and ability to work well with residents, families, and other staff members required.
Qualities of maturity, diplomacy, and ability to work well with others required.
Ability to work with geriatric and chronically ill residents, as well as other professionals in a friendly and helpful manner necessary.
Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence required.
- About the area: Lockport, NY is an eastern suburb of Buffalo, NY located right off the NYS Thruway. Buffalo is located in the Western part of New York. It is popular for several different things such as Buffalo Sabres, Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Wings and the wing festival, Powder Keg Festival, General Mills cereal plant, Teds footlong hotdogs, Canalside, St. Patty’s Day Celebrations, Food trucks galore, rated a very clean city, hockey and more hockey, the largest two-day food festival, and more! Niagara Falls is one of the seventh wonders of the world and you can be there in less than 30 minutes. The region is also well known for its many outstanding colleges & universities!
You can be in Niagara Falls, Canada in 30 minutes
1.25 hours to Rochester
2.50 hours to Syracuse
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields