O.R. Scrub Technician – Outpatient 10k Sign On Bonus!
White Plains, NY
Under the direction of the nurse manager or Registered Professional Nurse, the Scrub Technician handles the instruments, supplies and equipment necessary during surgical procedures. The technician has an understanding of the procedure being performed and anticipates the needs of the surgeons. The scrub technician has the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care during operative procedures and is constantly vigilant for maintaining sterile technique.
Includes the Following:
- Understands and adheres to the Company Performance Standards, Policies and Behaviors
- Essential functions and responsibilities as per New York Public Health Law 2824 – Surgical technology and surgical technologists,
- Performs nursing procedures per Company policy.
- Checks supplies and equipment prior to surgical procedure.
- Scrubs, sets up, counts and assists intra-operatively.
- Maintains highest standard of sterile technique.
- Assists surgeon and RN with post-procedure care.
- Handles specimens appropriately.
- Prepares instruments for decontamination.
- Assists with preparing/picking OR cases.
- Follows Company policies and procedures for Infection Control and Fire Code.
- Identifies malfunctioning equipment appropriately.
- Follows patient safety standards.
- Responds appropriately in emergency situations.
- Completes competency requirements.
- Attends all mandatory in-services.
- Utilizes cost containment practices.Completes 15 hours of Continuing Education Credits as required by New York State Law (Effective January 1, 2015). The act shall take place on the first day of the eighteenth month after it becomes law (July 1, 2016).
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required and must meet one of the following:
- Graduate from a CAAHEP- or ABHES- accredited program and holds and maintains CST certification (“has successfully completed a nationally accredited educational program for surgical technologists and holds and maintains a Certified Surgical Technologist credential administered by a nationally accredited surgical technologist credentialing organization”); or
- Completed a military surgical technology program; or
- Is grandfathered. A person may be grandfathered by providing evidence that he or she was employed as a surgical technologist in a healthcare facility for a cumulative period of one year, occurring within the four years immediately prior to the effective date of this section. (The effective date is 18 months after it becomes law.) Any employer of persons performing surgical technology on the effective date of this section shall confirm in writing to each employee his or her employment in a capacity performing surgical technology in a healthcare facility as of the effective date of this section; or
- Is in the service of the federal government, to the extent the person is performing duties related to that service.
- Prior experience as Surgical Technologist preferred.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields