NURSE EDUCATOR / EMERGENCY DEPT
Mission Viejo, CA
$120,000 - $170,000 / yr
NURSE EDUCATOR – EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT
$119,425 to $170,252
Mission Viejo, CA
Multiple Positions Available
The Nurse Educator is a professional nurse with advanced clinical, leadership, and staff development knowledge and skills. Supports the professional and clinical development of the bedside nurse and fosters empowerment through knowledge to achieve excellence in the delivery of evidence-based nursing care. Facilitates the educational process through assessment of learning needs, and development, planning, implementation, and evaluation of educational programs and activities, in collaboration with multidisciplinary care teams. Facilitates all levels of competency validation, from orientation through advanced. Collaborates with leadership to ensure regulatory compliance with respect to clinical practice through education and competency validation. Participates in strategic planning to achieve outcomes. Leads groups working on projects related to staff development. Acts as a consultant to committees and teams; and makes recommendations for improving the quality of patient care through the development and revision of policies, procedures, and programs. Supports the integration of research into practice. Is a resource and mentor to staff.
- Master’s degree in Nursing; or degree in progress to be completed within 2 years.
- Preferred field: Nursing Education.
- California Registered Nurse License upon hire.
- National Provider BLS – American Heart Association upon hire.
- 3 years’ Clinical experience in area(s) of specialization.
- Certification in clinical specialty, Nursing Professional Development, or Nursing Education upon hire.
- 1 year’ Staff development experience.
- Experience with simulation in healthcare.
- Experience with interactive, case-based online teaching/learning methods.
- Experience with both knowledge and skills-based competency validation.
- Experience with outcomes measurement to evaluate effectiveness of education.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $119,831.32 – $170,274.69 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Continuing education credits
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- License reimbursement
- Life insurance
- Loan forgiveness
- Malpractice insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Pet insurance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Travel reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields