National General Superintendent
$100,000 - $120,000 / yr
NATIONAL GENERAL SUPERINTENDENT
LOCATION: Jacksonville, FL
NATIONAL GENERAL SUPERINTENDENT | COMPANY PROFILE:
- ESTABLISHED: For over 75 years, this organization has been contributing to the growth and development of communities across the country.
- RECOGNIZED: Awarded for excellence in industrial facilities construction. Join an organization with a strong reputation for excellence.
- COMMUNITY PARTNER: This organization is a strong community partner and invests in the quality of life of their employees, community, and charitable organizations. In this team environment, employees thrive in a culture that values people, serves people and emphasizes quality.
NATIONAL GENERAL SUPERINTENDENT | IMPACT:
- Senior level role leading management of steel erection related activities and ensuring job safety, quality and success for projects throughout the United States
- Manages all on-site Superintendents in their region – Site Superintendents oversee on-site activities including safety, scheduling, quality control, site cleanliness, monitoring, and contractor relations
- Reports directly to the Vice President of Operations
NATIONAL GENERAL SUPERINTENDENT | DETAILS:
- Comprehensive knowledge of methods in general construction practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of general construction practices, occupational hazards and safety precautions of the metal building trade.
- Enforces customer GC and/or project owner’s safety regulations and requirements for all construction activities.
- Ensures that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are accurately followed.
- Participates in pre-construction meetings.
- Provides on site coordination and supervision of all employees and subcontracted field labor.
- Maintains and monitors job schedule as to crew, material, equipment, and coordinates requirements with management, weekly.
- Maintains project working schedules and develops detailed look ahead schedules for on-site coordination.
- Recommends corrective action should the project fall behind schedule, implements the actions as required to minimize delay.
- Maintains active contact with customer/GC so as to monitor customer satisfaction.
- Schedules and assure delivery of materials to maintain schedule requirements.
- Schedules sub-contractors when needed to maintain the schedule and coordinates/implements change-orders.
- Has ability to work directly and interact with customers, architects, engineers, subcontractors, suppliers, and office personnel.
- Provides quality control support with onsite inspections to confirm compliance with latest approved drawings, supplemental instructions, submittals and shop drawings.
- Responsible for schedules, quality and customer satisfaction of a particular project or multiple projects.
- Coordinates and expedites resolution of all construction related challenges on site.
- Assists with keeping the client informed as to job progress and schedules.
- Manages, coordinates and assists with the completion of final punch list.
- Represents the company’s image and philosophy on the jobsite: i.e., professional conduct, fair solutions and customer service.
- Travels to job sites as needed.
NATIONAL GENERAL SUPERINTENDENT | BACKGROUND:
- Fifteen (15) years Construction Experience
- Analytical Skills – Plans a project strategy, handles unexpected issues and delays, and solves problems that arise over the course of the project.
- Business Skills – Successfully addresses budget matters, coordinates and supervises team.
- Customer-service Skills – Forms successful working relationships with customers, sub-contractors and vendors.
- Leadership Skills – Effectively delegates tasks to construction workers, subcontractors, and other managers.
- Technical Skills – Knows construction processes and must be able to interpret contracts and technical drawings.
- Time-management Skills – Ensures that construction phases are completed on time so that the next phase can begin as scheduled.
NATIONAL GENERAL SUPERINTENDENT | NEXT STEPS:
- Advance Your Career – Apply Today.
GENERAL SUPERINTENDENT | NATIONAL (Jacksonville, FL)
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields