Metallurgical Engineer (#923)
$80,000 - $90,000 / yr
- Ensure the safe and environmentally responsible operation of the high-temperature metallurgical vessels.
- Support and promote continuous improvements of the current standard technology of melt preparation for the Rapid Solidification processes.
- Develop and manage an immediate response to any upset in the melt quality on a contingency-based system.
- Manage the table operation and maintenance of the high-temperature metallurgical vessels.
- Participate as an integral member/leader of cross-functional team activities.
- Define proper refractory materials and work in tight cooperation with the refractory vendors.
- Participate in the development and implementation of an in-line melt quality characterization and control reline. Use the monitors and control melt quality and all key melt process variables cooperate.
- Write SOPs and incorporate them into existing ISO 9000 QC system.
- Arrange X-trials, collect experimental data and samples, compile and interpret the results in a concise closure report format.
- Understand and independently access the existing overall data-collecting system and prepare necessary data sets for meetings and technical discussions.
- Continuously monitor the state-of-the-art of technology developments in the industry with a goal of implementing of the applicable cost-effective innovations.
- BS in Metallurgical Engineering
- Minimum two years of hands-on Chemical Process Metallurgy experience in a commercial plant
- Computer and data analysis skills
- Past exposure to commercial refractory applications
- Steel making experience sought
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields