Mental Health Clinician
- The clinician is a master’s degree level professional who serves as a member of an interdisciplinary team at the assigned site. Provides direct clinical services including individual therapy, family therapy, group therapy, and counseling as appropriate to the assigned program. Provide case coordination and therapeutic education services. At the discretion of the program director, may be assigned to train and supervise other staff as deemed appropriate. Expected to provide excellent patient care and compassion in every encounter, aligned with the organization core values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direct clinical treatment including individual, family, and group therapies, and crisis intervention toward maximizing the clinical response of each person seen;
- Provides services using a combination of in-person, telephone, and video (telemental/telemedicine) as required/directed;
- Conducts initial evaluations and identifies critical impairments that become the focus of treatment form effective planning and implementation of treatment;
- Provides unscheduled and or emergent services as needed for walk-in, open-access, and crisis clients at any time during scheduled shift;
- Provides services beyond scheduled shift as required to meet the needs of acute walk-in, open access, and/or crisis clients;
- Develops clear treatment strategies based on specific needs of each consumer and composed as a formal treatment plan and percentage plan to the treatment team and consumer;
- Provides clinical services including treatment and education in accord with the treatment plan;
- Documents all aspects of the evaluation and treatment process to potentiate patient care, facilitate effective treatment coordination, and ensure regulatory compliance;
- Coordinate treatment with other behavioral health services, other providers, probation, parole, including facilitating referrals for inpatient treatment to maximize quality and effectiveness of care;
- Participates in care planning and coordination meetings to facilitate care process. As assigned, sees individuals who are an immediate crisis to reduce emergency visits and/or inpatient admissions;
- Participates in quality assurance and quality improvement activities
- Documents all services in accordance with Federal/State regulations and policies and procedures;
- Supports collaboration and teamwork by sharing information and responding to questions/requests from rehabilitation team and other support providers;
- Maintains client confidentiality and confidential health information;
- Promotes service recipients’ growth and development;
- Provides clinical oversight/supervision to other clinicians up to the maximum number allowed according to the clinician’s license (i.e. LHMC, LCSW-R);
- Participates in meetings as scheduled;
- Assists with training new staff members;
- Meets or exceeds the then current (currently 65%) individual billable units of service requirement;
- Additional duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s degree required.
- LMHC, LMSW or LCSW license required
- Experience providing direct clinical service to the population served by the assigned clinical program is strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively as well as to organize tasks.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team until collaborate across disciplines and programs.
- Knowledge of substance abuse issues including features of alcohol and various drug abuse signs and symptoms, intervention strategies, awareness of associated medical concerns.
- Individual, family, and group therapy skills.
- Broad clinical knowledge of psychiatric disorders, and psychiatric diagnosis.
- Ability to conduct clinical interviews and assess mental status.
- Extensive knowledge with PC applications and electronic medical records strongly preferred.
- Valid NYS driver’s license and reliable transportation required for local and regional travel
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields