Mens shoe buyer
About the job
Buyer – Footwear (Retail Merchandise)
The Buyer reports to the GMM.
As the Buyer, you will plan and purchase style and quantity as well as determine the relevant quality of merchandise in accordance with customer demand, market trends, brand direction and fiscal obligations. You will be empowered to drive results as you maximize sales and gross margin performance coupled with inventory management. This is an analytical job—we need someone who is detail oriented and enjoys operating control-related standards and procedures.
This role is instrumental in collaboration with the other buyers and assistants, allocation and planning, merchandise analysts, merchandising, and marketing, etc.
This position must demonstrate the ability to propose decisions within the framework of strategic initiatives and tactical imperatives. The Buyer will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to accomplish company goals and objectives. The buyer is expected to successfully execute on financial models, strategic plans, and tactical imperatives to support the business plan in today’s changing market, as well as be able to strategically plan for the future.
- Execute and achieve or exceed category sales, gross margin and inventory goals.
- Develop and execute merchandise strategies and assortment plans that meet the needs of our customers, as well as, the goals and objectives of the department and the company
- Consistently review and edit product lines, ensuring there is a balanced SKU assortment in style, pattern, color, and size.
- Manage all aspects of the merchandise offering – brands, selection, mix, pricing, and promotions.
- Manage OTB expectations and react timely to business needs
- Prepare and present product and merchandise analysis and reports for key periods for vendor and internal review meetings.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors to meet category goals
- Negotiate with key vendors to achieve best cost and terms, timely delivery, and quality of product to maximize sales and margin goals.
- Negotiate and manage vendor cooperative marketing dollars, ecommerce opportunities, and drop ship programs.
- Identify new brands and proprietary opportunities to increase and expand selection across categories.
- Anticipate market changes and establish a plan to attain sales and margin goals.
- Drives compliance and standards for company processes and policies within their area and with direct reports.
- Travel to attend relevant trade shows, vendor meetings, and markets to observe trends, gather product information, select merchandise and establish vendor relationships.
- Plan promotional events and execution; while ensuring accuracy on details such as pricing and marketing signage.
- Work closely with marketing team and visual merchandiser to portray product offerings to drive sales goals.
- Work closely with planning team to manage inventory levels and flow of merchandise into and out of the distribution center.
- Train, motivate and develop Assistant Buyers as needed to ensure performance and personal growth
- Coach and develop Associate Buyer(s) and Assistant Buyer(s) to ensure growth and readiness for next level position.
- Special projects as assigned
- 1-2 years of experience as a Buyer or Buyer Assistant
- Bachelor’s degree in Retail Merchandising or related field required.
- Demonstrates management experience
- Experience as a Planner or Allocator, is desirable
- Possesses skills of Flexibility and Agility – quickly understand, assess, problem solve, execute
- Proven contract negotiation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Results driven related to accomplishment of goals, objectives, outcomes within deadlines.
- Decisive decision-making skills and the facility to plan and prioritize short- and long-range projects
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations
- Travel up to 20%
- Commensurate Salary with Bonus Opportunities
- PTO package – 4 weeks
- Eligible for Medical Benefit Package
- 401k with Company match
Employee Discount in stores
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields