TITLE: Medical Dosimetrist
LOCATION: Grangeville, ID
Are you considering a career change?
Looking for a smaller area where the population is around 50K that offers a low cost of living and plenty of activities in the area but is within a few hours of several large cities.
Position is located in a beautiful area of Idaho that offers around 400 miles of River and has been rated as a Top Outdoor area to live in.
So if you enjoy fishing, hunting, cycling, walking, running or golf then this would be a great place to reside.
With a 50K population the area still remains peaceful and quaint while having several stores for retail shopping, medical facilities and much more.
Below is the details of the position.
What they are looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree in a physical science or graduate of an accredited radiation therapy technology program. Graduate of a formal dosimetry program..
• Certified Medical Dosimetrist (CMD) or eligible for certification by the Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board (MDCB)
• 3 years or more experience.
• Current BLS.
Hours and Compensation potential:
• Position is day shift Monday-Friday, no on call or weekends.
• The range on the position is between $91K-$123K depending on experience.
• The facility will offer a full benefit package including a sign-on bonus of 15K.
What you will be doing:
•Independently creates 3D, IMRT and SBRT radiation therapy treatment plans using computer software and various imaging modalities.
•Fuse simulation CT scans with PET and MRI scans for tumor localization.
•Interprets and delineates anatomy and anatomical positioning on various imaging modalities.
•Assists therapists in the production of molds, casts, and other immobilization devices during simulation and fabricates custom bolus and lead shields.
•Advises the therapist staff in the implementation of the treatment plan including: the correct patient setup instructions and use of immobilization devices, field arrangement, wedges, and other treatment variables.
•Accurately codes for technical treatment planning and quality assurance tasks.
•Performs general computerized tasks, such as word processing, using spreadsheets, moving, and altering files and directories, and performing data backup.
•Performs quality assurance procedures on treatment planning systems and linear accelerators with minimal supervision.
•Provides physics and technical support to the Medical Physicist. In radiation protection, qualitative machine calibration, and quality assurance of the radiation oncology equipment.
• The position reports to the Director Cancer Services and the hospital is around 150 beds and is a Level 3 Trauma, Level 2 Nusery and Level 2 Stoke Center.
•Equipment Used: Currently on Pinnacle, transitioning to Monaco with new Elekta Versa, Mosaiq is record and verify
•Types of Procedures: 3D, IMRT, SBRT, new procedures VMAT
•Number of Procedure Rooms: 2
•Age Ranges: Adults only (18+)