Mechanical Integrity Engineer
Integrity Engineer – Mechanical Integrity
bAKKen- Relocation Offered
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibility for the Mechanical Integrity (MI) fixed equipment inspection program throughout North Dakota’s Process Safety Management (PSM) facilities.
- Ownership of the Gas Plant API 580/581 Risk Based Inspection (RBI) program within Plant Condition Monitoring Software (PCMS).
- Plan inspections with appropriate coverage and NDE techniques.
- Analysis of inspection results and recommend future actions.
- Perform mechanical analysis of required thickness and fitness for service evaluation.
- Support planned and unplanned plant outages as a fixed equipment/inspection SME.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and track compliance through regular operating rhythms.
- Monitor inspection intervals in accordance with industry standards, current regulations, as well as Standards for all MI equipment throughout ND’s midstream asset. Make recommendations for changes to inspection intervals based upon inspection history.
- When MI equipment is problematic, conduct root cause analysis (RCA) according to business rules, and confirm implementation and effectiveness of countermeasures.
- When there are PCMS inspection schedule changes, advise on yearly and monthly budgets/forecasts.
- Manage inspection deferral process for MI equipment that cannot be inspected by defined due dates. Coordinate with Operations and Process Engineering to perform risk assessments and ensure appropriate mitigations are in place.
- Provide ‘boots on the ground’ support when needed to gather failure data and ensure appropriate countermeasures are taken.
- Oversight and implementation of quality assurance practices to improve MI event data and equipment information within PCMS/SAP.
- Review/approve MI inspection reports provided by contract inspectors.
- Redirect contract inspectors as required for additional data capture.
- Audit contract inspection crews for safety, quality, and delivery as needed.
- Drives embedment of safety procedures, best practices and standard work as defined by the expectation of a safety leader. This includes ensuring compliance with company safety policies and procedures, as well as, lead, perform, and/or participate in 5S, accident investigation, safety audits and related activities.
- Work with Master Data team to ensure alignment between PCMS and SAP.
- Support the Integrity Engineering Team through PCMS queries for MI equipment inspection schedules as needed.
- Front line accountability for MI inspection compliance (PSM, DOT, etc.).
- Provide input and evaluation for capital projects and proper Management of Change when MI equipment is involved.
- Write or review/approve inspection test plans (ITPs) for MI equipment.
- Integrity Management Database (PCMS) Owner for PSM facilities – creating/maintaining equipment, audit for quality.
- At least 5+ years of experience in oil & gas or related industry experience, with a focus on Mechanical Integrity inspection program ownership
- Prior knowledge of PCMS and SAP Software
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the inspection and repair practices for MI equipment (tanks, piping, pressure vessels) used in the oil & gas or other petrochemical industries
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft, PCMS, SAP, etc)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills with attention to detail and process improvements
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision in a diverse, multidiscipline team environment
- Ability to manage activities for multiple projects in parallel while effectively managing time and resources required
Education, Training & Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Materials, Corrosion Engineering or equivalent
- Preferred: Licensed Professional Engineer
- Preferred: API 510, 570, and/or 653 certified
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields