Mechanical Engineering Manager
$150,000 - $200,000 / yr
If you are a senior-level engineer accomplished in mechanical design, thermal and materials analysis, and metal and plastic fabrication techniques who can also manage and lead complex projects to completion, we are recruiting for a Mechanical Engineering Manager.
Our clients team environment thrives on a culture of collaboration, learning, and growth. We have set the gold standard for all aspects of real-time communications. You can be a major part of the innovation that drives our client. You will plan, develop and lead mechanical projects and product development. With minimum guidance, you will manage and direct the activities of other mechanical engineers and CAD designers in new product design and documentation. Your project management and knowledge of mechanical engineering will ensure on-time and on-budget completion and guide innovation.
You will have three main responsibilities:
- Establish resource priorities and schedule tasks to set milestones and provide clear direction and expectations to assigned staff and subcontractors.
- Report status and completion estimates of task department resources to Management.
- Review, maintain, and recommend changes for QMPs, SOPs, and work instructions related to all assigned areas of responsibility.
- Supervise assigned staff and appropriate subcontractors including proper technical approaches and review their design/implementation work.
- Train and mentor other staff personnel in project leadership, design, SOP and QMP processes, problem-solving, root cause analysis, and equipment operation.
- Ensure all product design reviews and Design for Manufacturability and Assembly (DFMA) reviews are conducted.
- Manage all activities necessary to complete large projects with multiple project leads.
- Lead a cross-functional team during new product development to drive completion on time and on budget.
- Set goals and provide clear information to the project team, including engineering (electrical, mechanical, software, CAD, & configuration management), product management, manufacturing, supply chain, quality assurance, and subcontractors.
- Conduct Design for Manufacturability and Assembly (DFMA) reviews and product design reviews for new products.
- Keep abreast of progress and communicate any issues or delays to Managers including a corresponding action plan.
Mechanical and Support Engineering
- Perform senior-level mechanical design at the system level including, but not limited to electronic packaging, including plastics, sheet metal, etc.
- Lead development of concepts, mock-ups, and engineering models.
- Support and review testing and design qualification/verification for designs by assigned staff.
- Identify new technologies and push for incorporation into our products to improve quality and reliability as well as produce more cost-effective solutions.
- Support customer-related troubleshooting that arises through Marketing, Sales, QA, and Customer Service.
- Support product sustainability engineering in consulting, problem-solving capacity design risks, and mitigation approaches.
What you will need to succeed in this position:
- 13+ years in a related field
- BA or BS in Mechanical Engineering is required
- Senior level mechanical engineering specialty with the ability to manage and lead complex projects with minimum to no guidance
- Expertise in mechanical design, thermal and materials analysis, metal and plastic fabrication techniques
- Ability to work successfully with multiple managers, teams, and subcontractors in the development of major product components and subsystems
- Strong working knowledge of engineering areas outside of the discipline, such as electrical and software
- Willingness to travel approximately 10% of your time
You will have the opportunity to learn and grow while developing our clients future products. Our benefits package includes tuition reimbursement; 3 weeks of paid vacation your first year, paid holidays, medical, vision and dental coverage, pet insurance, life insurance, and 401K contributions.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The employee will occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields