- Specify AC/DC motors, drive electronics, control electronics, VFD, and gear drives.
- Integrate actuation devices with a variety of valves (ball valves, butterfly valves, and spool valves)
- Develop engineering and product documentation.
- Conduct conceptual design studies
- Help developing technical proposals
- Interface and communicate with all levels of personnel within the company as well as suppliers and customers at an appropriate technical level.
- Interact with vendors concerning OEM components they supply or propose to supply;
- Design belt conveyors to meet industry requirements; Handle all changes and problems related to product assigned;
- Apply Conveyor Equipment Manufacturers Association (CEMA) guidelines and other applicable standards in the equipment design
- Work in conjunction with other Engineering personnel to analyze and calculate technical requirements, e.g., geotechnical, hydraulic, architectural, structural, mechanical and electrical, utilized in producing the technical portions of the Project contract documents, i.e., drawings, specifications, and estimate.
- Responsible for the performance of all project design and needed follow-up work to include Safety and Quality Control.
- Respond in a timely, professional manner to technical requirements, and to consistently provide high quality, cost effective engineering services and solutions that meet government expectations on quality, schedule, and budget.
- Responsible for the overall execution of all design projects and subsequent support work. To include: hydronic and direct exchange systems both local and as part of central energy plants.
- Services include general technical support of base operations, support of technical requirements through engineering design, and complete design implementation of minor construction projects.
- Act as the Base subject matter expert when directing design projects contracted out to NavFac, USACE, or local design teams.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
- Working in open office environment as well as the occasional site visit.
- During site visits, there is exposure to physical and working conditions where serious accidents or injuries may occur, exposure to disagreeable noise elements, and prolonged high temperatures.
- May require additional effort to handle multiple projects in a shortened timeframe to meet customer requirements.
- May be required to do field verification by walking across grounds, working in mechanical rooms of facilities, climbing, etc..
- Basic 3D CAD Modeling. Basic experience in Product Testing and Evaluation Methods (UL/ IEC/ CCC/ CSA/ NOM / ANSI).
- Knowledge of CAE ( Ex, mechanical, thermal, kinematics, etc.) is a plus.
- Knowledge of first principles of Physics and Engineering Practice.
- Design offers from technical specifications to meet customer values expectations and quality goals with respect to supply chains constraints
- Creates, modifies & validates bills of materials and CAD drawings of parts and sub-assemblies in accordance with technical specifications, customer expectations and supply chain constraints.
- Executes assigned product designs – drawings and BOMs (bill of materials) according to given technical specifications using dedicated tools (software, database, 2D and 3D CAD system).
- Responsible for Engineering Analysis activities, including hydraulics, pneumatics, thermal, electromagnetic, dynamic anal static, rotating equipment, to insure the adequate performance, quality and reliability of the product, as well as compliance to ratings, product specifications and standard requirements.
- BS in mechanical engineering or equivalent expertise in electromechanical design.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a related field. Bulk material conveying system desired
- Knowledge and experience designing for electromagnetic interferences. Experience must include drafting and design of enclosed belt conveyors and grain systems; agricultural regulations in South America; AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Knowledge of CEMA Standards for conveying equipment
- Proficient use of AutoCad software (Autodesk Inventor)
- Understanding of conveying equipment layouts
- Conveyor Design Experience
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields