The Mechanical/Design Engineer, Robotics will design and develop the mechanics of packaging machinery from existing designs or accumulation of designs for optimum performance at the most economical costs. Prepare a package of working drawings and bills of materials for standard manufacturing processes.
How you will impact:
- Provide standard machinery designs for solving our customer’s packaging needs and develop effective packaging processes.
- Use 3D solid modeling to design machinery mechanics from an accumulation of industry standard designs to develop innovative machinery for customer’s changing needs.
- Responsible for accuracy of calculations in the fields of kinematics, dynamics, pneumatics and servo motion analysis required for designing automation mechanisms and equipment.
- Create and maintain mechanical bills of materials, in a structured format and submit to production for manufacturing on the specific equipment.
- Detail working drawing mechanics for economical manufacturing practices.
- Research purchased mechanical components for adequate sizing and selection of mechanical devices.
- Develop working assembly drawings for production and customer usage in component identification.
- Assist in cost reduction and quality improvement of the mechanical designs for our machinery.
- Understand customer’s mechanical specifications and needs for their packaging operations. Assist technical writer in creation of machine documentation.
- Reports to: Mechanical Engineering Manager, Directs: Draftsman or clerk, Indirect: Mechanics and Assemblers
- Maintains internal relationship with fellow employees
- Maintains external relationships with Customer and their specific needs, Supplier Representatives and personnel.
- Measurements of Performance:
- Achievement of company objectives
- Fulfilling customer machinery expectations.
- Effectiveness in machinery designs
- Effectiveness in detail drawing communication
- Accuracy in machinery designs, detail drawings, and calculations
- Complete and accurate bills of materials
- Meeting completion times for designs
- Effective cost reduction designs
- Quality workmanship
What you need to succeed
- · Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred or equivalent experience.
- · 3 years of experience in mechanical and pneumatic designing of packaging machinery related to Robotics- Required
- · Proficiency in 3D modeling.
- Good analytical and mathematical skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of standard drafting practices.
- Good penmanship.
- Good understanding of manufacturing practices.
- Capable of construction and implementing mechanical designs.
- Self-motivated individual.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential.
- Benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k with match and more!
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields