$70,000 - $75,000 / yr
Materials Planner Summary:
The Materials Planner will maintain processes and procedures which ensure accurate inventory, accurate supplier releases, timely material receipts, and 100% on-time delivery from the supply base while balancing inventory levels against risk and transportation costs.
Materials Planner Responsibilities:
- Issue weekly, component releases to suppliers. Monitoring accuracy, quantity, due date and the required lead -time is given.
- Monitor daily, the Supply Chain Coverage Report and Balance Due Report and make necessary arrangements to ensure the on-time delivery of material shipments.
- Maintain frequent contact with the suppliers regarding part release information, weekly cum reconciliation and the resolution of problems that may arise.
- Perform daily cycle counts of inventories and reconcile issues.
- Responsible for inventory accuracy.
- Analyze MRP data to proactively identify issues that may affect Supply Chain Performance Measures (such as Premium Freight, Part Availability, Downtime, Packaging Shortages, etc.).
- Assist in conducting physical inventories as they may occur.
- Establish Visual Inventory Parameters that will support the 5S (storage, labeling, min/max) on the plant floor.
- Provide updates to KPI (Key Performance Indicators) in areas that include (Inventory Valuation, Inventory DOH, Cycle Counts, Inventory Accuracy and Premium Freight).
- Report any hot parts or supplier past due issues to leadership.
- Maintain Delivery Matrixes to the Receiving Department to ensure timing and frequency of deliveries are tracked, coordinated and communicated within the Material Handling Function.
- Responsible for balance-out claims and minimization of obsolescence claim.
- Provide Corrective Action Plans to any issues that are adversely affecting Plant Performance Measures.
- Maintain daily contact with Domestic and International Carriers, monitoring delivery performance to the final destinations.
- Involvement in different phases of New Product Launch process.
- Complies with all Company Safety policies, procedures and rules.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must have recent experience in an Automotive Manufacturing plant.
- Minimum of 3 years automotive materials planning experience.
- In-depth working knowledge of MRP.
- Problem-solving abilities for operational problems, etc.
- Excellent analytical skills.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields