Marketing Product Manager
San Antonio, TX
Job Title: Marketing Product Manager
Summary: This position is responsible for managing the product portfolio for the In-Store Bakery/Deli channel throughout the product lifecycle from development to execution, in support of organizational strategy and objectives. This includes activities related to commercialization, pricing support, packaging, marketing materials and portfolio evaluation in order to deliver profitable In-Store Bakery/Deli portfolio growth and support sales efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develops and executes category growth and profitability strategies for the In-Store Bakery/Deli product portfolio.
· Leads the PLM commercialization process, being responsible for acquiring and completing the required information for ISB/Deli projects.
· Acts as Sales and Marketing liaison to Production, Logistics, Research & Development and Purchasing for ISB/Deli product/package changes and introductions.
· Monitors ISB/Deli budgets by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
· Initiates ISB/Deli costing requests and provides subsequent pricing recommendations for new business based on analysis of cost inputs.
· Responsible for pricing updates, including inputting data in SAP and maintaining accurate price lists for the ISB/Deli channel.
· Coordinates with the Forecast Analyst to provide/confirm forecast projections and updates for the ISB/Deli categories and products.
· Participates in ongoing plant/customer service meetings to identify and resolve any ISB/Deli product/customer issues.
· Conducts ongoing communications with cross-functional teams to ensure optimal execution of projects.
· Helps coordinate and organize industry trade show needs with other participating groups, as assigned.
· Assists with other priority projects and related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
· Minimum requirement of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing
· MBA or post graduate work in Marketing would be a plus
· 4 – 6 years’ experience in Marketing, preferably in the CPG and ISB/Deli Industries
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Proficient use of PC-based Microsoft applications, including Excel Pivot Tables and PowerPoint.
· Business analysis and project management skills
· Knowledge of product development/commercialization processes.
· Thorough problem solving skills with the ability to work independently using proper/appropriate judgment in all business related decisions/actions.
· Knowledge/experience with SAP systems a plus.
· Understanding of retail information databases (such as IRI, Retail Link, etc.).
· Ability to work with multiple departments, including but not limited to Sales, R&D, Cost Accounting, Operations, Purchasing, Culinary, Quality Assurance and Information Technology.
· Must manage changing priorities, while meeting established deadlines.
· Communicates effectively with strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields