Manufacturing Planning Manager
$90,000 - $115,000 / yr
Manager, Manufacturing Planning-Greenville NC
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain, Life Sciences, or related field required.
- 5 years experience in Planning or combination of Operations/Production and Project Management
- 2 years managerial experience required.
- APICS Certification (CPIM, CSCP) preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office abilities (Excel, Visio, PowerPoint) with particular proficiency in Excel (data mining, vlookup, pivot tables, graphs).
- Experience with New Product Development / Introduction and the transition from development to manufacturing.
- Must possess strong social skills – consensus building and the ability to motivate.
- Strong managerial and mentoring skills.
- Performance metric experience and aptitude.
- Ability to effectively work within deadlines and operational budgets to meet required supply chain strategy.
- Strong analytical skills – the ability to simplify complex ideas and processes. Must be detailed oriented and organized with the ability to multitask and display consistent follow-thru on tasks, assignments, projects, etc.
- Sets, maintains and manages Master Production Schedule, including Material Requirements Planning (MRP). Reports important deviations between the Master Production Scheduling (MPS) and the S&OP to Leadership. Evaluates the load of critical resources (raw materials, work centers or specific equipment) as a result of the existing S&OP.
- Participates in Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process for commercial and development. Participates in meetings with key customer planning organizations.
- Monitors the performance of the DSC process based on defined Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and targets as input to the S&OP meeting and as input for continues improvement projects (e.g. capacity utilization, OTD, schedule adherence).
- Ensures Master Data is updated and Material Availability to support S&OP plan.
- Monitors detailed Manufacturing and Packaging (MFG / PKG) planning compared to the Master Production Schedule. Makes daily (due to significant special cause variation in the Patheon processes) adjustments to the Master Production Schedule and shipment plan and communicate to all involved in executing the plans.
- Sets and maintains the shipment plan based on supply agreed. Monitor and manage batch release process. Monitors progress against shipment plan. Manages backlog.
- Evaluates and responds to Customer Change Requests within the firm zone (CCR’s). Communicates with account managers and customers (DSCM linked directly with larger accounts) to spread customer demand in line with available capacity. Seeks resolution for capacity conflicts in consultation with Leadership.
- Oversee risks to MPS and detailed schedule and ensure actions and owners of risk mitigations are in place. Works with the team to develop corrective and preventative actions to special cause deviations.
- Determines the inventory plan based on agreed stock targets. Monitors inventory levels versus planning. Minimizes inventory while ensuring material availability. Reports details on blocked and rejected inventory. Identifies capacity constraints or low utilization at least 6 months ahead.
- Optimize use of SAP processes throughout the planning team and the organization.
- Translate marketing and sales forecasts and historical order trends into a production plan to achieve company revenue goals, customer service goals, and lean productivity goals.
- Manage capacity planning in concert with manufacturing taking into account manufacturing capability / opportunities / build plans, inventory and sales.
- Design and analyze supply chain models and scenarios for different products to ensure the implementation and maintenance of an efficient supply chain
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields