Manufacturing Equipment Technician – cGMP position in San Leandro, CA!
San Leandro, CA
Manufacturing Equipment Technician – cGMP
Bioprocess & DSP · San Leandro, California
Imagine a meat company unlike anything that has come before! We are on a mission to impact climate change by revolutionizing how we make meat. Founded in 2019, we make protein from elements of the air.
We are a modern food company, crafting the world’s first air-based meats to feed us more sustainably, help renew the planet’s resources and eliminate compromise between nutrition, taste and climate impact. Using novel technology inspired by NASA, we convert elements found in the air around us into protein using probiotic cultures, then turn those proteins into any meat imaginable. It’s where cutting-edge science meets bold ambition to reinvent the way we eat.
Join our team of passionate scientists, engineers, and business leaders working to transform the future of food with solutions we never thought possible, creating meat that is nutritious, delicious and more sustainable. We use less land, less water and is significantly faster to make than any other meat available.
In addition to the chance to work with cutting edge technology to help combat climate change and working toward addressing the impending food crisis, Our employees also enjoy competitive benefits and total compensation plans and a collaborative company culture. If you join us on this relentless pursuit for more, changing the world will soon feel as natural as taking a breath.
We are funded by ADM, a world leader in fermentation technology, GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Barclays, one of the world’s leading financial institutions.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Manufacturing Equipment Technician (Bioprocess Engineering Tech) is experienced with industrial pharmaceutical or food processes together with building/office and laboratory facilities. As part of the owner’s team they will be responsible for working with both engineering staff, contractors and fabricators.
This role is actively responsible to:
- Provide technical support for lab, pilot, and commercial scale design and installation of upstream and downstream process systems.
- Assist in drafting Standard Operating Procedures, Change Controls, and Deviations documents working with engineers, operators and other staff.
- Field support including commissioning, start-up, and operations technical support.
- Field construction support including on-site design, technical assistance, and construction management.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of Management of Change (MoC) systems.
- Assist activities to support production runs, such as preparation of tubing assemblies, autoclaving, material request, and material transfer into production rooms.
- Adhere to safe working practices.
- Provide other assistance as needed to the Biomanufacturing Operators, Supervisors, and Managers.
- High School Diploma/GED and 4+ years in cGMP manufacturing environment or Bachelor’s degree with 2 years related experience is preferred.
- Experience supporting food, pharmaceutical, or bio-manufacturing operations.
- Experience working with engineers, operators, and maintenance as part of a technical support team.
- Experience in a plant engineering support position. Hands-on experience with equipment and mechanical systems is preferred.
- Experience with design and safety of systems, hazardous gasses and systems involving hydrogen, or other flammable gasses is desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to act proactively to create exceptional experiences for internal and external audiences.
- Possess a customer first mentality with all stakeholders.
- Superlative communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate with tangible and lasting shaping of core values and standards.
- Professional experience in roles requiring both independent creativity and collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- Understand the use of technology as a competitive differentiator.
ABOUT OUR PURPOSE
Why we exist: To accelerate the world’s transition to climate and rainforest-friendly meat
What we do: We make nutritious meat using the most sustainable protein on the planet
- Protect people & the planet
- Play as a team and have a growth mindset
- Do what you say you will do
- Be the change you seek
- Create a culture of belonging
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields