Manufacturing Engineering Manager
MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING MANAGER – NE INDIANA
To organize, supervise and manage new manufacturing processes and projects. To ensure our customers are afforded world class technology and processes. Ensure existing tooling and welding processes are performing to expected levels. Lead engineering department functions for manufacturing and assembly processes at assigned facility. Functions will include buildings, construction, new equipment (all), equipment maintenance, and assist with the establishment and setup of assembly, manufacturing, stamping, and/or welding processes. Leads departmental staff in all new product launch activities to meet customer and company milestones including budget, quality, and performance. Improves the efficiency of the plant production facility and equipment layouts. This position could have 3-4 direct reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
A. Collaborates with operations to ensure successful launches of new and takeover products.
B. Develop and implement process and production preparation plans for new manufacturing or assembly components.
1 Establish assembly instructions/visual aids to guide production team relating to
2 Assist in development and maintenance of work instructions, preventative maintenance instructions, in compliance with IATF16949 requirements for all processes and equipment.
3 Set up automation processes, train manufacturing staff, and hand over completed processes to manufacturing teams.
4 Supports manufacturing engineering, program management, and new product launch meetings (e.g., design reviews, project status reports, key measure reports, handover, etc.).
5 Understand, analyze, and elevate production preparation issues in a timely manner to allow for countermeasures.
6 Communicate project status to other departments and Company shared services group.
C. Manage suppliers in the design, construction, and installation of new tools and equipment.
D. Improve existing or develop new manufacturing or assembly equipment.
1 Actively contribute to the machine design from the manufacturing/assembly engineer’s perspective and liaise with other engineers in the team during the design and manufacturing process to ensure that the manufacturing/assembly process requirements are adhered to.
2 Ensures new equipment installations meet safety by design standards or codes including validating safety checks (e.g., Pre-Health & Safety Reviews) are completed.
3 Ensures safety, process capability, efficiency and standardization.
4 Troubleshoot problems at production equipment.
E. Oversees maintenance activities on all manufacturing equipment, processes, building and utility systems to provide a reliable production platform.
F. Develops predictive and preventive maintenance programs in conjunction with shared services Manufacturing Engineering to ensure operability of all plant production equipment and facilities.
G. Initiate action to prevent the occurrence/reoccurrence of any nonconformities relating to product, process, and quality system.
1 Work with production and quality assurance to ensure quality parts within customer standards.
2 Conduct root cause analysis and problem-solving methods.
3 Assist in FMEAs pre-production planning and initial samples.
4 Lead associates in problem solving regarding production, customer, and supplier concerns.
H. Manage and direct assigned staff with a focus on equipment, processes, human resource allocation, cost management, setting priorities, and leading through problem identification and resolution.
1 Develop and maintain positive associate relations centered on mutual trust, dignity, respect, fairness, consistency, two-way communication, teamwork, and harmony.
2 Provide direction and motivation to associates emphasizing quality, efficiency, productivity, cost reduction, safety and health, and morale.
3 Ensure further development of associates through performance evaluation, development of training plans, feedback, coaching, and cascade training. Update associate training matrix and schedule any needed training.
I. Develop and maintain departmental capital budgets.
· High School Graduate
· Post-Secondary Technical trade school or extensive experience in related fields
· University degree preferred in related field
· Five years stamping or related field
· Five years Manufacturing Engineering or related experience
· Process design, improvement and or verification experience
· Proficient with CAD software preferred
· Five Years Production Welding Experience
· Knowledgeable of OSHA general industry and press related standards
· Electrical controls/systems knowledge
· P.M. systems and methodology
· Strong understanding for elimination of waste
· Computer Skills including but not limited to: Power Point and Microsoft Word, Excel and Projects
· Understanding of APQP requirements
· Ensure safety, process capability, efficiency and standardization across Company acilities through Company machine standards and designs.
· Troubleshoot problems at production equipment
· Assist in upgrade of preventive maintenance program
· Responsible for development of departmental capital plan and completion of divisional capital plan per budget
· Ensure the company is on the leading edge in equipment and processes
· Focus over the next few years will be set-up reduction, welding, clutch, brake and feeder dependability
· Responsible for facility’s condition and maintenance
· Work with production and quality assurance to ensure good, quality parts
· Assist in FMEA’s pre-production planning and initial samples
· Assist in training of plant personnel
· Responsible for future plant expansion
· Responsible for on-going plant layout improvements
· Assist in insuring a safe work environment
· Assistance in preparation of strategic plan and budget
· Participate in Associate involvement teams
· Upgrade self with training as required for job responsibilities
· Responsible for improving the ability and technology of the welding department to include Mig welding
· Must be able to travel to other plants in U.S., Canada and Mexico
· Participate in Problem solving and 8-D activities to ensure quality product to our customers
· Regular review of downtime and plan for improvement
· Ensure the manufacturing processes are constantly evolving with technological advancements.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
· Solid working knowledge and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications (e.g., MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, etc.).
· Proficiency in MS Excel required.
· Proficiency in MS PowerPoint preferred
· Lean Manufacturing / JIT
· Six Sigma
· Mistake Proofing / Creative Problem Solving / Kaizen
· Team Building
· SPC / FMEA
· Blueprint / GD&T
· Toyota Production System/TQPS
Office: Open Office Environment
Plant: Various types of manufacturing environments.
· Standard automotive plant environment with moderate noise level.
· PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as safety glasses, steel toe shoes, Kevlar sleeves, hearing protection, etc. may be required in designated engineering, manufacturing, or industrial areas. Personal attire standards may apply.
· Involves moderate or occasional presence of some slightly disagreeable conditions, i.e., cold, dust, heat, odor, etc.
• Minimal, but some travel will be required to USA, Mexico, Canada.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The primary job functions involve the ability to sit and work on a computer and in an office situation for extensive periods of time is required. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to talk, see, and hear. The associate must be capable of walking, sitting, and standing for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to lift, move, and carry up to 30 pounds.
This job description is intended to identify the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification, as well as certain essential job functions. It is not intended, and should not be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice, based on operational needs. To qualify for this job, however, an associate must be able to perform its essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Under no circumstances may this job description be construed as altering the at-will nature of the employment relationship between Company and any associate.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields