$85,000 - $90,000 / yr
Directly responsible for the development and implementation of capital projects. These positions also work closely with Plant and Branch Operations in order to anticipate and resolve issues. Develops manufacturing processes.
Key Responsibilities Manufacturing Engineer Level I:
- Coordinates maintenance and repair services for plan locations.
- Follows manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures, requesting special services as needed.
- Conducts plant visits to assist with project planning, process improvement and to maintain company assets.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information to customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Integrity & Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Functional Technical Skills -Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Planning: Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
- Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what is important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Process Management: Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient workflow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can’t; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Mechanical engineering with 5 – 10 years of experience or the equivalent combination of experience and/or education is required for this position.
- Skills: Basic knowledge of mechanical and electro-mechanical systems Asset justification Industrial engineering skills such as work measurement, labor reporting and plant layout Understanding of building and maintenance contracts including liability issues Basic knowledge and understanding of the manufacturing processes Computer skills including MS Office and AutoCAD Analytical analysis and problem-solving skills Strong communication and organization skills Understanding of compliance regulations and codes
- Travel: Occasional
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Spend 85% of time in office environment and 15% of time in manufacturing environment.
- May be exposed to possible shop hazards including high noise, heavy machinery, and shop traffic
- Frequent use of a computer
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields