Manufacturing Controls Engineer
$115,000 - $135,000 / yr
Under limited supervision, develop, implement, test, and maintain automated machinery, processes, and control systems for the manufacturing environment. Gather requirements and create specifications for the design of automated control systems that meet functionality, cost, quality, safety, and time objectives. Assess effectiveness of automated testing protocols and systems. Troubleshoot, repair, modify, and enhance automation equipment and systems. Assist in the development, implementation, and achievement of goals, objectives, policies, engineering standards and priorities. May mentor team members and verifies their work on complex engineering projects.
This is a REMOTE role with Travel
The Manufacturing Controls Automation Engineer will lead and support the global Automation strategy along with automation projects including but not limited to new equipment, existing equipment improvements, automation initiatives, standardizations, scale-up, and validation in a cGMP regulated environment. Participate in additional process and engineering functions including development and improvement initiatives as needed for filling, packaging, chemical manufacturing equipment and other production and facilities systems as appropriate.
- Lead the development of the corporate automation strategy
- Develop/implement digital strategy towards integration with business system
- Develop automation scope and Requests for Quotes to work with 3rd party automation firms on larger projects.
- Vendor and contract management for automation projects
- Develop and maintain appropriate processes and procedures for system and equipment controls.
- Responsible for developing and documenting system requirements, design, installation and testing of new automated equipment and systems.
- Prepare detailed documentation of proposed changes and implement per change management procedures.
- Design and implement; support and troubleshoot improvements for existing equipment, processes and systems.
- Identify, propose, justify, facilitate and implement where appropriate continuous improvement projects following Lean Six Sigma or similar methodologies.
- Responsible for maintaining back-up copies and change control on control programs and configuration files for plant-wide PLCs, HMIs, VFDs, and servo drives.
- Program and test vision systems for product inspections.
- Lead Factory Acceptance Tests, Site Acceptance Tests, Installation Qualifications (IQ), Operational Qualifications (OQ), and Performance Qualifications (PQ)
- Specify hardware and instrumentation for controls projects.
- Lead cross-functional project teams for implementation.
- Organize system for maintenance and troubleshooting of automated equipment; train Maintenance staff on basic troubleshooting procedures.
- Prepare business case, cost models and financial justifications for process improvements or other engineering projects as assigned and appropriate.
- Develop and provide Operator and Maintenance training related to projects.
- Specify, design, program and test PLC and HMI systems.
- Maintain compliance with the necessary and appropriate Quality and Regulatory requirements (such as FDA, ISO, other)
- Facilitate and lead meetings as appropriate for relevant functions.
- Maintain laptop with licenses for programming and troubleshooting.
- Execute responsibilities for remote sites as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Electrical Engineering Degree is preferred but will except experience in lieu of degree.
- Must have manufacturing engineering experience.
- Must be hands on and able to read electrical schematics.
- Must be able to travel up to 30%
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields